DLT Speed reduced after 2000 upgrade - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on DLT Speed reduced after 2000 upgrade - Veritas Backup Exec ; I previouisly had NT 4.0 Installed on my server. I have scrubbed it and installed Windows 2000 server with the exact same hardware. The backup rate has reduced from 110+mb/min to 75-79mb/min. The restore rate is running between 5-10mb/min I ...

  1. DLT Speed reduced after 2000 upgrade

    I previouisly had NT 4.0 Installed on my server. I have scrubbed it and installed
    Windows 2000 server with the exact same hardware.
    The backup rate has reduced from 110+mb/min to 75-79mb/min.
    The restore rate is running between 5-10mb/min

    I am using the Backup Exec drivers for my DLT 40.

    Can anyone explain the reduce in speed ??

    Regards
    eric

  2. Re: DLT Speed reduced after 2000 upgrade

    I seem to have found the problem. I unistalled Veritas 8.6 and reinstalled
    (without using Veritas tape drivers)!!!

    The rate is now running at 100-120mb/min for a backup and 50-80mb/min for
    a restore.

    The unit is a Compaq 20/40 DLT external. Shows up in device manger as "Quantum
    DLT4000 CPQ DRV SCSI Sequential Device".

    "Eric Daly" wrote:

    >I previouisly had NT 4.0 Installed on my server. I have scrubbed it and

    installed
    >Windows 2000 server with the exact same hardware.
    >The backup rate has reduced from 110+mb/min to 75-79mb/min.
    >The restore rate is running between 5-10mb/min
    >
    >I am using the Backup Exec drivers for my DLT 40.
    >
    >Can anyone explain the reduce in speed ??
    >
    >Regards
    >eric

+ Reply to Thread