Defragmenting File Server and Backup Speeds - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Defragmenting File Server and Backup Speeds - Veritas Backup Exec ; I was wondering if anyone noticed a performance increase on Windows 2K files servers after a defrag? I have noticed a gradual performance drop on three of our biggest files servers, one at 300GB and two at 100GB. I believe ...

  1. Defragmenting File Server and Backup Speeds

    I was wondering if anyone noticed a performance increase on Windows 2K files
    servers after a defrag? I have noticed a gradual performance drop on three
    of our biggest files servers, one at 300GB and two at 100GB. I believe that
    a defrag should improve our performance on these boxes. If anyone has any
    suggestions, I would appreciate it.

  2. Re: Defragmenting File Server and Backup Speeds

    Try to disable Antivirus software on the server you're backing up.

    "David M. Raymer" wrote in message

    > I was wondering if anyone noticed a performance increase on Windows 2K

    files
    > servers after a defrag? I have noticed a gradual performance drop on

    three
    > of our biggest files servers, one at 300GB and two at 100GB. I believe

    that
    > a defrag should improve our performance on these boxes. If anyone has any
    > suggestions, I would appreciate it.

+ Reply to Thread