Can't see Sql Server Icon - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Can't see Sql Server Icon - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi I have BE 8.5 (last bent)on Server 2000, I have Sql Sever 2000 On on NT sp 6.02a. Sql agent - installed. Remote agent for nt/2000 - installed. Conactivity - installed. all steps from the manual!!!. q ? why ...

  1. Can't see Sql Server Icon

    Hi

    I have BE 8.5 (last bent)on Server 2000,
    I have Sql Sever 2000 On on NT sp 6.02a.

    Sql agent - installed.
    Remote agent for nt/2000 - installed.
    Conactivity - installed.

    all steps from the manual!!!.

    q ? why can't i see the Sql server Icon on the right panel in order to backup
    my DB?

    Regard's
    Dani

  2. Re: Can't see Sql Server Icon

    Dunno with 8.5 but with 8.6 you cant cant use ip address must be name and
    you must have enabled SQL support through options.

    "Dani" wrote in message news:3d637a60$1@hronntp01....

    > Hi
    >
    > I have BE 8.5 (last bent)on Server 2000,
    > I have Sql Sever 2000 On on NT sp 6.02a.
    >
    > Sql agent - installed.
    > Remote agent for nt/2000 - installed.
    > Conactivity - installed.
    >
    > all steps from the manual!!!.
    >
    > q ? why can't i see the Sql server Icon on the right panel in order to

    backup
    > my DB?
    >
    > Regard's
    > Dani

  3. Re: Can't see Sql Server Icon

    Havae you installed the SQL utilities on the Backup Server?

    Dani wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >I have BE 8.5 (last bent)on Server 2000,
    >I have Sql Sever 2000 On on NT sp 6.02a.
    >
    >Sql agent - installed.
    >Remote agent for nt/2000 - installed.
    >Conactivity - installed.
    >
    >all steps from the manual!!!.
    >
    >q ? why can't i see the Sql server Icon on the right panel in order to backup
    >my DB?
    >
    >Regard's
    >Dani

  4. Re: Can't see Sql Server Icon

    Ken Putnam wrote:
    >Havae you installed the SQL utilities on the Backup Server?
    >
    >Dani wrote:

    you need to install the SQL manager and register the sql server you want
    to backup.

    >>Hi
    >>
    >>I have BE 8.5 (last bent)on Server 2000,
    >>I have Sql Sever 2000 On on NT sp 6.02a.
    >>
    >>Sql agent - installed.
    >>Remote agent for nt/2000 - installed.
    >>Conactivity - installed.
    >>
    >>all steps from the manual!!!.
    >>
    >>q ? why can't i see the Sql server Icon on the right panel in order to

    backup
    >>my DB?
    >>
    >>Regard's
    >>Dani