How to tell much space left on a tape to be appended to? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on How to tell much space left on a tape to be appended to? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Somewhat dumb question..... I run a differential job during the week which appends to media. How can I tell how much space is available on the tapes that are used for these jobs? I have BENT 8.5 rev3571. NT4sp6a thanks ...

  1. How to tell much space left on a tape to be appended to?

    Somewhat dumb question.....
    I run a differential job during the week which appends to media. How can
    I tell how much space is available on the tapes that are used for these jobs?
    I have BENT 8.5 rev3571. NT4sp6a

    thanks
    Nick

  2. Re: How to tell much space left on a tape to be appended to?

    If you use hardware compression, there is no way to tell.

    If you use either software compression or no compression, then one of the
    Veritas canned reports should tell you. (I've forgotten which one exactly,
    the Volume Report, I think)

    "Nick Whittome" wrote:

    >Somewhat dumb question.....
    >I run a differential job during the week which appends to media. How can
    >I tell how much space is available on the tapes that are used for these

    jobs?
    >I have BENT 8.5 rev3571. NT4sp6a
    >
    >thanks
    >Nick