hp 40x6e not being found.... - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on hp 40x6e not being found.... - Veritas Backup Exec ; Does NT/W2K see the loader in devices? If so, you could always use NTBackup untill you get this problem soved. "Jeremy" wrote: > I have a HP lC3 server with a hp 40x6 external dat drive changer connected >to it ...

  1. Re: hp 40x6e not being found....

    "Jeremy" wrote:
    > I have a HP lC3 server with a hp 40x6 external dat drive changer connected
    >to it via a siig ap40 scsi adapter. I cannot get backup exec to load the
    >autoloader or robotic libraries for this drive. I have tried everything!

    >have reloaded backup exec and uninstalled and reloaded it. Do you make
    >special drivers for this drive. I couldnt find them on the site. THe drive
    >is showing up as a single drive rather than a changer. It doesnt seem to

    be
    >running a backup and fails saying that it couldnt find the device. I have
    >tried to reinstall just the drive in backup exec and i get the same thing
    >everytime. The drive shows up as the C5713A which is the correct one for

    the
    >40x6e drive. Any ideas. I need something fast since we are not backing up
    >currently without this working. The drive is brand new.

  2. hp 40x6e not being found....

    I have a HP lC3 server with a hp 40x6 external dat drive changer connected
    to it via a siig ap40 scsi adapter. I cannot get backup exec to load the
    autoloader or robotic libraries for this drive. I have tried everything! I
    have reloaded backup exec and uninstalled and reloaded it. Do you make
    special drivers for this drive. I couldnt find them on the site. THe drive
    is showing up as a single drive rather than a changer. It doesnt seem to be
    running a backup and fails saying that it couldnt find the device. I have
    tried to reinstall just the drive in backup exec and i get the same thing
    everytime. The drive shows up as the C5713A which is the correct one for the
    40x6e drive. Any ideas. I need something fast since we are not backing up
    currently without this working. The drive is brand new.

  3. Re: hp 40x6e not being found....

    Try loading the standard WinNT drivers for the Library/Robot, Once NT sees
    it/them, Veritas should see it/them also

    "Jeremy" wrote:
    >no. It shows it as a single drive. Not a loader.
    >"Ken Putnam" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Does NT/W2K see the loader in devices?
    >>
    >> If so, you could always use NTBackup untill you get this problem soved.
    >>

    >> "Jeremy" wrote:
    >> > I have a HP lC3 server with a hp 40x6 external dat drive changer

    >connected
    >> >to it via a siig ap40 scsi adapter. I cannot get backup exec to load

    the
    >> >autoloader or robotic libraries for this drive. I have tried everything!

    >> >have reloaded backup exec and uninstalled and reloaded it. Do you make
    >> >special drivers for this drive. I couldnt find them on the site. THe

    >drive
    >> >is showing up as a single drive rather than a changer. It doesnt seem

    >> be
    >> >running a backup and fails saying that it couldnt find the device. I

    have
    >> >tried to reinstall just the drive in backup exec and i get the same thing
    >> >everytime. The drive shows up as the C5713A which is the correct one

    for
    >> the
    >> >40x6e drive. Any ideas. I need something fast since we are not backing

    up
    >> >currently without this working. The drive is brand new.

  4. Re: hp 40x6e not being found....

    "Ken Putnam" wrote in message

    > Does NT/W2K see the loader in devices?
    >
    > If so, you could always use NTBackup untill you get this problem soved.
    >

    > "Jeremy" wrote:
    > > I have a HP lC3 server with a hp 40x6 external dat drive changer

    connected
    > >to it via a siig ap40 scsi adapter. I cannot get backup exec to load the
    > >autoloader or robotic libraries for this drive. I have tried everything!

    > >have reloaded backup exec and uninstalled and reloaded it. Do you make
    > >special drivers for this drive. I couldnt find them on the site. THe

    drive
    > >is showing up as a single drive rather than a changer. It doesnt seem to

    > be
    > >running a backup and fails saying that it couldnt find the device. I have
    > >tried to reinstall just the drive in backup exec and i get the same thing
    > >everytime. The drive shows up as the C5713A which is the correct one for

    > the
    > >40x6e drive. Any ideas. I need something fast since we are not backing up
    > >currently without this working. The drive is brand new.

  5. Re: hp 40x6e not being found....

    do you know if i can get a generic windows driver off of the windows nt cd
    rom. Where would i find this standard windows driver?

    Thanks alot for your help Ken!
    "Ken putnam" wrote in message

    > Try loading the standard WinNT drivers for the Library/Robot, Once NT sees
    > it/them, Veritas should see it/them also
    >

    > "Jeremy" wrote:
    > >no. It shows it as a single drive. Not a loader.
    > >"Ken Putnam" wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> Does NT/W2K see the loader in devices?
    > >>
    > >> If so, you could always use NTBackup untill you get this problem soved.

    > >connected

    > the

    everything!

    > >drive

    > >> be

    > have

    thing

    > for
    > >> the

    > up

  6. Re: hp 40x6e not being found....

    Sorry, I meant the manufacturer's drivers,

    I only use MS drivers as a last resort

    Jeremy wrote:

    >do you know if i can get a generic windows driver off of the windows nt cd
    >rom. Where would i find this standard windows driver?
    >
    >Thanks alot for your help Ken!
    >"Ken putnam" wrote in message
    >
    >>Try loading the standard WinNT drivers for the Library/Robot, Once NT sees
    >>it/them, Veritas should see it/them also
    >>

    >>"Jeremy" wrote:
    >>
    >>>no. It shows it as a single drive. Not a loader.
    >>>"Ken Putnam" wrote in message

    >>>connected

    >>the

    >everything!