SQL 200 Agent - DB not seen - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on SQL 200 Agent - DB not seen - Veritas Backup Exec ; Running BE 8.5 trying to backup/restore SQL 2000 databases, no problem with SQL 7 databases with agent. Installed the SQL 2000 Enterprise manager and client connectivity on Veritas machine to connect to remote SQL 2000 machine. Any idea why I ...

  1. SQL 200 Agent - DB not seen

    Running BE 8.5 trying to backup/restore SQL 2000 databases, no problem with
    SQL 7 databases with agent. Installed the SQL 2000 Enterprise manager and
    client connectivity on Veritas machine to connect to remote SQL 2000 machine.

    Any idea why I can't see the SQL databases? other than the client connectivity
    part didn't think i need to add anything else to Veritas server. Haven't
    reinstalled agent it seems to be working.

  2. Re: SQL 200 Agent - DB not seen

    Go into the BENT admin gui and review Help-About. It must have this entry
    to backup SQL Server 2000 - 'Agent for Microsoft SQL Server 2000'.

    Alex

    "Craig" wrote in message

    > Running BE 8.5 trying to backup/restore SQL 2000 databases, no problem

    with
    > SQL 7 databases with agent. Installed the SQL 2000 Enterprise manager and
    > client connectivity on Veritas machine to connect to remote SQL 2000

    machine.

    > Any idea why I can't see the SQL databases? other than the client

    connectivity
    > part didn't think i need to add anything else to Veritas server. Haven't
    > reinstalled agent it seems to be working.

  3. Re: SQL 200 Agent - DB not seen

    Did you purchase v8.5, or did you install the free upgrade from v8.0?

    If the latter, you must purchase the v8.5 agents to support SQL 2000 or Exchange2000.
    The free upgrade only supports SQL v7 and Exchange 5.5

    "Craig" wrote:

    >Running BE 8.5 trying to backup/restore SQL 2000 databases, no problem with
    >SQL 7 databases with agent. Installed the SQL 2000 Enterprise manager and
    >client connectivity on Veritas machine to connect to remote SQL 2000 machine.
    >
    >Any idea why I can't see the SQL databases? other than the client connectivity
    >part didn't think i need to add anything else to Veritas server. Haven't
    >reinstalled agent it seems to be working.

+ Reply to Thread