Oracle Agent - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Oracle Agent - Veritas Backup Exec ; I'm new to this so.....How do you install the Oracle agent on the Oracle Server. I bought the Oracle option and it is only a serial number which. Usually I go into Add\Remove programs and go to the Veritas entry ...

  1. Oracle Agent

    I'm new to this so.....How do you install the Oracle agent on the Oracle Server.
    I bought the Oracle option and it is only a serial number which. Usually
    I go into Add\Remove programs and go to the Veritas entry and select to add
    additional options and that's where I can specify my serial number etc.
    However, on my server that is running Oracle I do not have the full copy
    of Veritas installed.
    Any ideas???

  2. Re: Oracle Agent

    Go to http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/242760.htm, and
    download the latest Oracle Agent. Expand to an empty directory, and when
    the expansio finishes a window opens up with detailed installation instructions
    or just look for the readme in that directory.

    "Karl Ranson" wrote:

    >I'm new to this so.....How do you install the Oracle agent on the Oracle

    Server.
    > I bought the Oracle option and it is only a serial number which. Usually
    >I go into Add\Remove programs and go to the Veritas entry and select to

    add
    >additional options and that's where I can specify my serial number etc.

    >However, on my server that is running Oracle I do not have the full copy
    >of Veritas installed.
    >Any ideas???

+ Reply to Thread