New Tape Drive - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on New Tape Drive - Veritas Backup Exec ; Ok, can anyone give me some advice or point in the right direction on this. I have a Compaq MSL5026, running two SDLT 110/220G tape drives. One of the tape drives recently went bad and needs to be replaced. Right ...

  1. New Tape Drive

    Ok, can anyone give me some advice or point in the right direction on this.

    I have a Compaq MSL5026, running two SDLT 110/220G tape drives. One of the
    tape drives recently went bad and needs to be replaced. Right now I am
    running all my backups on one drive.

    Is there a proper procedure on getting Veritas to see and utilize the new
    drive? Or should it be just plug and play?

    Any help on this would be great
    I am running Bent 8.6 build 3808

    Brian Hale

  2. Re: New Tape Drive

    From the Devices tab, remove the old drive before you detach the old drive
    and add the new one in.

    " Brian Hale" wrote:
    >Ok, can anyone give me some advice or point in the right direction on this.
    >
    >I have a Compaq MSL5026, running two SDLT 110/220G tape drives. One of the
    >tape drives recently went bad and needs to be replaced. Right now I am
    >running all my backups on one drive.
    >
    >Is there a proper procedure on getting Veritas to see and utilize the new
    >drive? Or should it be just plug and play?
    >
    >Any help on this would be great
    >I am running Bent 8.6 build 3808
    >
    >Brian Hale

+ Reply to Thread