Remote Agent - "Need Access Privilages" - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Remote Agent - "Need Access Privilages" - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello, I have just installed Backup Exec 8.6 on W2K server machine and the Remote Agent on an NT4 server. I have tried to change the log-on account of Backup Exec remote Agent for Windows service to: Local Account and ...

  1. Remote Agent - "Need Access Privilages"

    Hello,
    I have just installed Backup Exec 8.6 on W2K server machine and the Remote
    Agent on an NT4 server. I have tried to change the log-on account of Backup
    Exec remote Agent for Windows service to: Local Account and to Administrator
    account. Service starts allways with no problems, but when I check it from
    BackupExec Admin Console I get:
    Remote Agent:
    Installed - Unknown - Need Access Privilages
    Version: Not available

    I have instaled with success Remote Agent on W2K Pro machine.

    Could you help me, please ?

    Best regards
    Jacek Mach.

  2. Re: Remote Agent - "Need Access Privilages"

    it should't be....
    double check if you admin account have the backup operator right being taken
    out.
    hope that help

    patrick
    "JacekM" wrote in message

    > Hello,
    > I have just installed Backup Exec 8.6 on W2K server machine and the Remote
    > Agent on an NT4 server. I have tried to change the log-on account of

    Backup
    > Exec remote Agent for Windows service to: Local Account and to

    Administrator
    > account. Service starts allways with no problems, but when I check it from
    > BackupExec Admin Console I get:
    > Remote Agent:
    > Installed - Unknown - Need Access Privilages
    > Version: Not available
    >
    > I have instaled with success Remote Agent on W2K Pro machine.
    >
    > Could you help me, please ?
    >
    > Best regards
    > Jacek Mach.

+ Reply to Thread