Error message when installing BUEX 8.5 in Win2k - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Error message when installing BUEX 8.5 in Win2k - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have a Compaq ML370 conntected to a DLT 7000. When the system starts I get an error logged in event viewer. Unable to configure library unit Changer0. The manual configuration information provided for this changer does not exist or ...

  1. Error message when installing BUEX 8.5 in Win2k

    I have a Compaq ML370 conntected to a DLT 7000. When the system starts I get
    an error logged in event viewer.

    Unable to configure library unit Changer0. The manual configuration information
    provided for this changer does not exist or conflicts with other devices
    on the system. This usually occurs when the same drive device is reported
    as belonging to more than one library unit or a drive is listed in the configuration
    that was not found on the system.

    I looked up there error on Technet and it listed a fix by using Remote Storage
    Config utility thats on the Win2K Resource Kit. I couldn't get it fixed with
    that. Any ideas?

    TIA
    Michael

  2. Re: Error message when installing BUEX 8.5 in Win2k

    try to disable all bakup devices in the RSM, but don't stop the services.
    hope that help

    patrick
    "Michael" wrote in message

    > I have a Compaq ML370 conntected to a DLT 7000. When the system starts I

    get
    > an error logged in event viewer.
    >
    > Unable to configure library unit Changer0. The manual configuration

    information
    > provided for this changer does not exist or conflicts with other devices
    > on the system. This usually occurs when the same drive device is reported
    > as belonging to more than one library unit or a drive is listed in the

    configuration
    > that was not found on the system.
    >
    > I looked up there error on Technet and it listed a fix by using Remote

    Storage
    > Config utility thats on the Win2K Resource Kit. I couldn't get it fixed

    with
    > that. Any ideas?
    >
    > TIA
    > Michael