Thousands of $$ spent on BENT, but no tape copy option??!!? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Thousands of $$ spent on BENT, but no tape copy option??!!? - Veritas Backup Exec ; I'd like to find out from everyone how they are doing their offsite tape rotation. We'd like to copy the tapes so we can sent copies offsite for disaster recovery. But to this day, Veritas still hasn't put in a ...

  1. Thousands of $$ spent on BENT, but no tape copy option??!!?

    I'd like to find out from everyone how they are doing their offsite tape
    rotation. We'd like to copy the tapes so we can sent copies offsite for
    disaster recovery. But to this day, Veritas still hasn't put in a tape copy
    option in for Backup Exec! Sure there is the RAIDirector, but it does not
    support autoloader configration (WHAT???!). Is there any 3rd party software
    solution that would allow tape to tape copy that works with Backup Exec?
    And no, we are going to redeploy everything again using Veritas NetBackup, I
    know NetBackup has tape copy options. It's too late for that to happen.

  2. Re: Thousands of $$ spent on BENT, but no tape copy option??!!?

    I've never tried it and don't know if it wil support tape-to-tape,
    but TDRaw/NT (www.tapedisk.com) lets you directly access files on
    tape volumes from Explorer. Supports DAT/DLT/AIT drives. Might be
    worth a look

    "Ronnie" wrote:
    >I'd like to find out from everyone how they are doing their offsite tape
    >rotation. We'd like to copy the tapes so we can sent copies offsite for
    >disaster recovery. But to this day, Veritas still hasn't put in a tape

    copy
    >option in for Backup Exec! Sure there is the RAIDirector, but it does not
    >support autoloader configration (WHAT???!). Is there any 3rd party software
    >solution that would allow tape to tape copy that works with Backup Exec?
    >And no, we are going to redeploy everything again using Veritas NetBackup,

    >know NetBackup has tape copy options. It's too late for that to happen.

+ Reply to Thread