Bad media - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Bad media - Veritas Backup Exec ; Can someone please help. Im using BENT 7.3 build 2575, all of a sudden my backup jobs are failing, cleaning jobs are failing, inventory takes an age and reports bad media. I have used new tapes and still get the ...

  1. Bad media

    Can someone please help. Im using BENT 7.3 build 2575, all of a sudden my
    backup jobs are failing, cleaning jobs are failing, inventory takes an age
    and reports bad media. I have used new tapes and still get the same
    problem. Nothing has changed. Ive checked the integrity of the relevant
    dababases, removed the devices, stopped and started the services as per many
    of the Tech articles. Im at a loss.

    Many thanks

    Gary

  2. Re: Bad media

    Is it possible that the drive has gone bad?

    "Gary Davidson" wrote in message
    > Can someone please help. Im using BENT 7.3 build 2575, all of a sudden my
    > backup jobs are failing, cleaning jobs are failing, inventory takes an age
    > and reports bad media. I have used new tapes and still get the same
    > problem. Nothing has changed. Ive checked the integrity of the relevant
    > dababases, removed the devices, stopped and started the services as per

    many
    > of the Tech articles. Im at a loss.
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > Gary