Slow Reboot with Automatic Services - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Slow Reboot with Automatic Services - Veritas Backup Exec ; We are running a WIN2K server with SBS, Backup Exec 8.6 Rev 3808. We have found that when the BE services are all set to start automatically the server takes an hour (literally) to reboot. The BE services all start ...

  1. Slow Reboot with Automatic Services

    We are running a WIN2K server with SBS, Backup Exec 8.6 Rev 3808. We have
    found that when the BE services are all set to start automatically the server
    takes an hour (literally) to reboot. The BE services all start but the server
    is very slow to reboot. As soon as we disable all the BE services it takes
    about 5 minutes to start up.
    Does anyone know of or has anyone had the same problem with a resolution
    to it? Currently all BE services are set to manual so that the reboots can
    be fast and then we go in and manually start them after a reboot.
    Is there a fix out there for this?

    Thanks,

  2. Re: Slow Reboot with Automatic Services

    Not really a fix. but you can use AutoExNT from the resource kit
    to automate starting the services after a boot rather than needing
    to log in and manually restart BENT.

    "Darin" wrote:

    >We are running a WIN2K server with SBS, Backup Exec 8.6 Rev 3808. We have
    >found that when the BE services are all set to start automatically the server
    >takes an hour (literally) to reboot. The BE services all start but the

    server
    >is very slow to reboot. As soon as we disable all the BE services it takes
    >about 5 minutes to start up.
    >Does anyone know of or has anyone had the same problem with a resolution
    >to it? Currently all BE services are set to manual so that the reboots can
    >be fast and then we go in and manually start them after a reboot.
    >Is there a fix out there for this?
    >
    >Thanks,

+ Reply to Thread