Restoring Old backup catalogs - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Restoring Old backup catalogs - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have an issue with restoring jobs. My "Tech Supervisor" unistalled then reinstalled BE8.6. I tried to do a restore of lost info and it wouldn't do it. The old catalogs are still available in the same location, but I ...

  1. Restoring Old backup catalogs

    I have an issue with restoring jobs. My "Tech Supervisor" unistalled then
    reinstalled BE8.6. I tried to do a restore of lost info and it wouldn't do
    it. The old catalogs are still available in the same location, but I don't
    know how to restore the old catalogs. Could someone please help me with this
    problem?

    R/

  2. Re: Restoring Old backup catalogs

    "Juan" wrote:

    > I have an issue with restoring jobs. My "Tech Supervisor" unistalled then
    >reinstalled BE8.6. I tried to do a restore of lost info and it wouldn't

    do
    >it. The old catalogs are still available in the same location, but I don't
    >know how to restore the old catalogs. Could someone please help me with

    this
    >problem?
    >
    >R/

    Try Cataloging the Device(Tape) and then select the restore option from the
    device. (Right Click the Tape and select restore.)

  3. Re: Restoring Old backup catalogs

    stop all BENT services
    copy the *.U01 files to the new catalog directory
    delete the BETOPCAT.IDX file in that directory
    restart the services

    All you previous catalogs should now show in the Restore Pane

    Juan wrote:

    > I have an issue with restoring jobs. My "Tech Supervisor" unistalled then
    >reinstalled BE8.6. I tried to do a restore of lost info and it wouldn't do
    >it. The old catalogs are still available in the same location, but I don't
    >know how to restore the old catalogs. Could someone please help me with this
    >problem?
    >
    >R/

+ Reply to Thread