label media - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on label media - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, Is there a different between labeling the media thru the command on the context menu and writing a new label name in the media label box in properties??? The label media command actually overwrite the tape. but if I ...

  1. label media

    Hi,

    Is there a different between labeling the media thru the command on the context
    menu and writing a new label name in the media label box in properties???
    The label media command actually overwrite the tape. but if I already erase
    with the erase quick command, will the label media command make a difference???

    thanks
    paul

  2. Re: label media

    label media actually like erasing the media but with the media name you
    configured.
    erasing media give the media a default name like dlt0001,dlt0002 and so
    on....

    cheeers
    patrick