OFO: Error during backup. Set has been canceled - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on OFO: Error during backup. Set has been canceled - Veritas Backup Exec ; I received the following error on my backup: Device: \\STORAGE\E$ OFO: Static file on device running OFO has grown to maximum size (800MB) and cannot be incremented anymore. To increase the minimum and maximum size, use the OFO Wizard on ...

  1. OFO: Error during backup. Set has been canceled

    I received the following error on my backup:

    Device: \\STORAGE\E$
    OFO: Static file on device running OFO has grown to maximum size (800MB)
    and cannot be incremented anymore.
    To increase the minimum and maximum size, use the OFO Wizard on the Tools
    menu.
    Optimum settings for your system will vary.
    The static file was filling up at a rate of 6322KB per minute.

    This has been backing up successfully now for several months and all of a
    sudden this comes up. I have an NT system with Backup Exec version 8.6 Rev
    3878.

    Any ideas on what I did or how I fix this? I have the default settings and
    allow the system to calculate the minimums and maximums as I don't understand
    any of this.

    Thanks for any assistance.

    Greg Remaly
    gremaly@allstatestrucking.com

  2. Re: OFO: Error during backup. Set has been canceled

    Greg,

    We have the same problem.
    We made manual adjustments to te static file. However we are trying to make
    a backup for a system that has 1,4 Terrabyte.
    With the given formula for calculating the min and max size of the static
    file we are facing a huge static file of more than 100 Gb.
    A bit too big in my opinion.....
    If you have any other solution please let me know.
    Thanks in advance
    Frank

    "Greg Remaly" wrote:

    >I received the following error on my backup:
    >
    >Device: \\STORAGE\E$
    >OFO: Static file on device running OFO has grown to maximum size (800MB)
    >and cannot be incremented anymore.
    >To increase the minimum and maximum size, use the OFO Wizard on the Tools
    >menu.
    >Optimum settings for your system will vary.
    >The static file was filling up at a rate of 6322KB per minute.
    >
    >This has been backing up successfully now for several months and all of

    >sudden this comes up. I have an NT system with Backup Exec version 8.6

    Rev
    >3878.
    >
    >Any ideas on what I did or how I fix this? I have the default settings

    and
    >allow the system to calculate the minimums and maximums as I don't understand
    >any of this.
    >
    >Thanks for any assistance.
    >
    >Greg Remaly
    >gremaly@allstatestrucking.com

  3. Re: Error during backup. Set has been canceled

    The default path for the open file is on the C drive (the drive you install
    Backup Exec),
    when backup started, open file agent will take a snapshot of the system, you
    can see a removeable drive during backup in My Computer.
    so must make sure that the c drive have enough free space to contain the
    open file.

    Use the open file wizard in the option tab and configured the open file to
    use a drive which have have the most free space.
    hope that help....

    cheeers
    patrick

    "Greg Remaly" wrote in message

    > I received the following error on my backup:
    >
    > Device: \\STORAGE\E$
    > OFO: Static file on device running OFO has grown to maximum size (800MB)
    > and cannot be incremented anymore.
    > To increase the minimum and maximum size, use the OFO Wizard on the Tools
    > menu.
    > Optimum settings for your system will vary.
    > The static file was filling up at a rate of 6322KB per minute.
    >
    > This has been backing up successfully now for several months and all of a
    > sudden this comes up. I have an NT system with Backup Exec version 8.6

    Rev
    > 3878.
    >
    > Any ideas on what I did or how I fix this? I have the default settings

    and
    > allow the system to calculate the minimums and maximums as I don't

    understand
    > any of this.
    >
    > Thanks for any assistance.
    >
    > Greg Remaly