IDR & Incorrect Disk Configuration Report - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on IDR & Incorrect Disk Configuration Report - Veritas Backup Exec ; We have a Compaq ML370 and have just expanded our hardware RAID from 6 to 8 hard drives whilst also expanding the size of one of the partitions. This was done by Compaq's Array Configuration Utility extending two logical arrays, ...

  1. IDR & Incorrect Disk Configuration Report

    We have a Compaq ML370 and have just expanded our hardware RAID from 6 to
    8 hard drives whilst also expanding the size of one of the partitions. This
    was done by Compaq's Array Configuration Utility extending two logical arrays,
    then extending the NT Volume set from 160GB to 230GB. NT sees the arrays
    as Disk 0 (for the original 6 disks) and Disk 1 (for the newly added ones).

    I've just updated my IDR diskettes and when it completes this the Disk Configuration
    Report still shows the old partition size of 160GB. It also does not make
    any reference to Disk 1 at all ??

    Why is this? Will I have to run a new backup before the IDR data refreshes
    itself ?

    Many thanks in anticipation.

    Rich

  2. Re: IDR & Incorrect Disk Configuration Report

    Forgot to mention - using BEv8.5 on NT Server4 SP6a

  3. Re: IDR & Incorrect Disk Configuration Report

    when we create the IDR disk, it based on your last backup which
    will generate a servername.dr file after it finished.
    you can see the .dr file being generated in the logs
    so most properly you need to do another backup in order to see
    the changes.

    cheeers
    patrick

    "Rich Sice" wrote in message

    > We have a Compaq ML370 and have just expanded our hardware RAID from 6 to
    > 8 hard drives whilst also expanding the size of one of the partitions.

    This
    > was done by Compaq's Array Configuration Utility extending two logical

    arrays,
    > then extending the NT Volume set from 160GB to 230GB. NT sees the arrays
    > as Disk 0 (for the original 6 disks) and Disk 1 (for the newly added

    ones).

    > I've just updated my IDR diskettes and when it completes this the Disk

    Configuration
    > Report still shows the old partition size of 160GB. It also does not make
    > any reference to Disk 1 at all ??
    >
    > Why is this? Will I have to run a new backup before the IDR data refreshes
    > itself ?
    >
    > Many thanks in anticipation.
    >
    > Rich

+ Reply to Thread