We are having a problem with our Windows 2000 cluster backups. The node that
is running the backup fails a few hours into the backup. The only message
we have in the event viewer is that there was an unexpected shutdown of the
node. We believe that the clustering software is loosing the cluster heartbeat
and forcing the switch, but are at a complete loss as to why. The only common
factor appears to be the running backup.

Has anyone else out there had a similar issue and found the cause.

We are running the following configuration:

2xCompaq 900MHz Xenon (4 processors each)
Backup exec 8.6
Oracle 8.1.7
Oracle Failsafe

Many thanks in advance.