Problem with daily backup on media for each weekday - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Problem with daily backup on media for each weekday - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello, i have defined a backup job wich is supposed to do a daily full-backup to different hard drives. I have one harddrive for each weekday, on weekends i backup the Friday's harddrive to DLT. My Backup-to-Disk drives are labeled ...

  1. Problem with daily backup on media for each weekday

    Hello,

    i have defined a backup job wich is supposed to do a daily full-backup to
    different hard drives. I have one harddrive for each weekday, on weekends i
    backup the Friday's harddrive to DLT.

    My Backup-to-Disk drives are labeled Monday thru Friday and are members of
    the a backup-pool "Daily Backup" where they have the priority 1 thru 5. The
    overwrite limit is set to 6 days.

    Now I expect the backup to first use the monday-drive and on the next day
    continue with the tuesday drive and so on. Next week it should use the
    monday drive again since it has the highest priority and the overwrite limit
    has passed.

    But BE ignores the priority settings and backs up in random order to the
    drives.

    What am I doing wrong?

    Greetings, Peter Fahsel.

  2. Re: Problem with daily backup on media for each weekday

    Sorry, I forgot: Bent V 8.6 Build 3878

+ Reply to Thread