Don't see Information Store - BKEXEC 8.6 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Don't see Information Store - BKEXEC 8.6 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello, I am using the following configuration: Have one backup server with the following agents: Exchange Agent 8.6 SQL Agent 8.6 Option File Option 8.6 Remote NT/2000 Agent 8.6 BENT/2000 Server Edition 8.6 My exchange server is on a separate ...

  1. Don't see Information Store - BKEXEC 8.6

    Hello,

    I am using the following configuration:
    Have one backup server with the following agents:
    Exchange Agent 8.6
    SQL Agent 8.6
    Option File Option 8.6
    Remote NT/2000 Agent 8.6
    BENT/2000 Server Edition 8.6

    My exchange server is on a separate server. I have the exchange system admin
    tool installed on the backup server, and am able to connect fine. I also
    have outlook installed and am able to connect via mapi to exchange server.

    When I go to backup selection with backup exec, I only see options to backup
    the exchange mail boxes, and not the information store or directory. Is
    there something that I am missing, or do I need another license to be able
    to backup the information store as well.

    Can someone please advise?

    thanks
    Naynesh

  2. Re: Don't see Information Store - BKEXEC 8.6

    Hi,
    As a preliminary step, reapply MDAC from www.microsoft.com/data.
    Note that Agent for exchange 5.5 & Exchange 2000 are unique.

    Following are the relevant settings needed for backing up Exchange:

    1.)Install remote agent on an Exchange server (if exchange server is a remote
    machine)
    [How to install the Backup Exec 8.x Remote Agent for Windows NT/2000]
    2.)Exchange Administration tool on the Backup Exec server
    3.)Install MAPI client (eg:-outlook 97/2000) on the backup exec server
    4.)Install Exchange agent on the Backup Exec server
    Following TechNote will help you to install an Exchange agent
    5.)Mailbox for the backup exec service account to be created on Exchange
    server
    Following TechNote will help you to achieve this :-

    6)configure the profile for that Mailbox on the Backup Exec server
    To create an Exchange profile:

    1.Verify the account name of the Backup Exec service account by doing the
    following:
    a.From the Start menu, point to Settings|Control Panel, and then double-click
    Services.
    b.Double-click the Backup Exec Server service.
    c.When the Service dialog box appears, note the user listed in the field
    This Account. This is the Backup Exec service account login name.

    2.Log on to Windows NT as the user in Step 1c.
    3.From the Start menu, point to Settings|Control Panel, and then double-click
    Mail or Mail and Fax.
    4.Click Show Profiles if it appears (this indicates that there are already
    profiles defined for the user account).
    5.Click Add.
    6.Click Manually configure information services, and then click Next.
    7.In the Profile Name field, type the name of the Backup Exec service account,
    then click Next.
    8.On the Services tab, click Add.
    9.Choose Microsoft Exchange server from the list of information services,
    and then click OK.
    10.On the General tab, enter the name of the Exchange server and the Mailbox
    name for the service account, and then click Check Name. The server and mailbox
    names should become underlined to indicate that the mailbox name has been
    verified.
    11.Select the Advanced tab.
    12.Ensure the Logon Network Security (Use Network Security during logon)
    is set to NT Password Authentication. (This is the default setting.)

    Note The Logon Network Security feature must be set to NT Password Authentication
    in order to display mailboxes.

    13.Click OK.
    14.Choose whether you want to add Exchange (or Outlook) to the Startup
    group, and then click Next.
    15.Click Finish.
    16.Click Close.
    17.Stop the Backup Exec services and then restart them, or reboot the Windows
    NT system.You must do this before a newly created profile can be used by
    Backup Exec.
    18.Open the e-mail client using the new profile.

    Note If the e-mail client did not start with the newly-created profile,
    select Tools|Options|General (Mail Services tab in Outlook 98) and click
    Prompt for a profile to be used. Alternately, click Always use this profile
    and choose the newly-created profile from the drop-down list. Click OK to
    save the new setting.

    19.When you are prompted by Backup Exec for a profile name, enter the profile
    name you just created for the Backup Exec service account.
    20.Verify that you can send and receive email from the newly-created profile.

    Thanks
    JG

    "Naynesh Patel" wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I am using the following configuration:
    >Have one backup server with the following agents:
    >Exchange Agent 8.6
    >SQL Agent 8.6
    >Option File Option 8.6
    >Remote NT/2000 Agent 8.6
    >BENT/2000 Server Edition 8.6
    >
    >My exchange server is on a separate server. I have the exchange system admin
    >tool installed on the backup server, and am able to connect fine. I also
    >have outlook installed and am able to connect via mapi to exchange server.
    >
    >When I go to backup selection with backup exec, I only see options to backup
    >the exchange mail boxes, and not the information store or directory. Is
    >there something that I am missing, or do I need another license to be able
    >to backup the information store as well.
    >
    >Can someone please advise?
    >
    >thanks
    >Naynesh

+ Reply to Thread