Retrieving files from tape that has had catalog overwritten - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Retrieving files from tape that has had catalog overwritten - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am running BackupExec Windows 2k Server Edition I tried restoring from a tape. However there was a backup job queued, and as soon as I inserted the tape it started running. I stopped it immediately. However the catalog has ...

  1. Retrieving files from tape that has had catalog overwritten

    I am running BackupExec Windows 2k Server Edition

    I tried restoring from a tape. However there was a backup job queued, and
    as soon as
    I inserted the tape it started running.

    I stopped it immediately. However the catalog has changed.

    I don't know how exactly the system works, but I don't believe it erases
    the tape
    before it start overwriting.

    Is there anyway I can see what’s on the tape and retrieve those file if they’re
    there.

  2. Re: Retrieving files from tape that has had catalog overwritten

    Mark,

    You could try to stop the backup Exec services and use the Backup utility
    from Microsoft (backup) to catalog the tape.

    Simon

    "Mark Wynn" wrote:

    >I am running BackupExec Windows 2k Server Edition
    >
    >I tried restoring from a tape. However there was a backup job queued, and
    >as soon as
    >I inserted the tape it started running.
    >
    >I stopped it immediately. However the catalog has changed.
    >
    >I don't know how exactly the system works, but I don't believe it erases
    >the tape
    >before it start overwriting.
    >
    >Is there anyway I can see what’s on the tape and retrieve those file if

    they’re
    >there.

+ Reply to Thread