Exchange Agent installed ??? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Exchange Agent installed ??? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, i don´t know that my Exchange2000 Server has the Exchange Agent installed or not !!! The Server has a directory named "Bentaa" and the BackupServer has registered the serialnumber for the Echange2000 Agent. The backup has "Errors" within the ...

  1. Exchange Agent installed ???

    Hi,

    i don´t know that my Exchange2000 Server has the Exchange Agent
    installed or not !!!
    The Server has a directory named "Bentaa" and the BackupServer has
    registered the serialnumber for the Echange2000 Agent.
    The backup has "Errors" within the backup-log!

    How can i check this ? (installed or not) ???

    Thanks
    Juergen

  2. Re: Exchange Agent installed ???

    From your backup server, BackupExec - Help - About.
    What errors did you get?

    "Jürgen Breiner" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > i don´t know that my Exchange2000 Server has the Exchange Agent
    > installed or not !!!
    > The Server has a directory named "Bentaa" and the BackupServer has
    > registered the serialnumber for the Echange2000 Agent.
    > The backup has "Errors" within the backup-log!
    >
    > How can i check this ? (installed or not) ???
    >
    > Thanks
    > Juergen

  3. Re: Exchange Agent installed ???

    Thank you for your answer,

    the Exchange2000 Server is not the backup server, but at
    the backupserver "BackupExec - Help - About", i can see
    the "Exchange2000 Server Agent".

    Can i see it at exchange2000 Server in the "bentaa" Directory ?

    The Errors are: (translate from German !!!!)
    WARNING: Backup servers can protect remote Windows 2000-Server or work
    stations completely only if remote agent were installed for Windows NT/2000
    option and on everyone for Windows 2000-Server and/or each work station
    which can be protected is implemented. It can come to overruns, if remote
    agent is not implemented for Windows NT/2000 option, while remote Windows
    2000-Computer becomes secured.
    Any Idea ???
    Thanks Juergen

    "Ron" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > From your backup server, BackupExec - Help - About.
    > What errors did you get?
    >
    > "Jürgen Breiner" wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > i don´t know that my Exchange2000 Server has the Exchange Agent
    > > installed or not !!!
    > > The Server has a directory named "Bentaa" and the BackupServer has
    > > registered the serialnumber for the Echange2000 Agent.
    > > The backup has "Errors" within the backup-log!
    > >
    > > How can i check this ? (installed or not) ???
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > > Juergen

  4. Re: Exchange Agent installed ???

    Since you're backing up Exchange server remotely (from another machine),
    you'll need to (push) install remote agent on your Exchange server. I
    believe "bentaa" (Backupexec agent accelerator) is the place where remote
    agent is installed. Make sure you can see "Remote Agent for Windows NT/2000"
    serial number, in BackupExec Help - About. In addition to that, make sure
    the remote agent service on your Exchange machine starts without a problem.

    HTH

    > Thank you for your answer,
    >
    > the Exchange2000 Server is not the backup server, but at
    > the backupserver "BackupExec - Help - About", i can see
    > the "Exchange2000 Server Agent".
    >
    > Can i see it at exchange2000 Server in the "bentaa" Directory ?
    >
    > The Errors are: (translate from German !!!!)
    > WARNING: Backup servers can protect remote Windows 2000-Server or work
    > stations completely only if remote agent were installed for Windows

    NT/2000
    > option and on everyone for Windows 2000-Server and/or each work station
    > which can be protected is implemented. It can come to overruns, if remote
    > agent is not implemented for Windows NT/2000 option, while remote Windows
    > 2000-Computer becomes secured.
    > Any Idea ???
    > Thanks Juergen
    >

    > "Ron" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > > From your backup server, BackupExec - Help - About.
    > > What errors did you get?
    > >
    > > "Jürgen Breiner" wrote in message
    > > > Hi,
    > > >
    > > > i don´t know that my Exchange2000 Server has the Exchange Agent
    > > > installed or not !!!
    > > > The Server has a directory named "Bentaa" and the BackupServer has
    > > > registered the serialnumber for the Echange2000 Agent.
    > > > The backup has "Errors" within the backup-log!
    > > >
    > > > How can i check this ? (installed or not) ???
    > > >
    > > > Thanks
    > > > Juergen

+ Reply to Thread