Cannot Catalog - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Cannot Catalog - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have been trying to catalog the tapes in a library recently, but I cannot get the catalog option to work. No matter what drive I click on, the catalog option is grayed out. Does anyone have any ideas? Kendra...

  1. Cannot Catalog

    I have been trying to catalog the tapes in a library recently, but I cannot
    get the catalog option to work. No matter what drive I click on, the
    catalog option is grayed out. Does anyone have any ideas?

    Kendra

  2. Re: Cannot Catalog

    Try doing a inventory first..
    "Kendra" wrote in message
    > I have been trying to catalog the tapes in a library recently, but I

    cannot
    > get the catalog option to work. No matter what drive I click on, the
    > catalog option is grayed out. Does anyone have any ideas?
    >
    > Kendra

  3. Re: Cannot Catalog

    The inventory has already been done, and that is when I noticed I couldn't
    catalog. I also can't erase the tapes, as that option is gray too.

    Thanks,
    Kendra

    "amyb" wrote in message news:3d57cbf9@hronntp01....
    > Try doing a inventory first..
    > "Kendra" wrote in message
    > > I have been trying to catalog the tapes in a library recently, but I

    > cannot
    > > get the catalog option to work. No matter what drive I click on, the
    > > catalog option is grayed out. Does anyone have any ideas?
    > >
    > > Kendra

  4. Re: Cannot Catalog

    This is after you right click the device? Are you logged in as the admin
    (or equivialant?)
    "Kendra" wrote in message
    > The inventory has already been done, and that is when I noticed I couldn't
    > catalog. I also can't erase the tapes, as that option is gray too.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Kendra
    >

    > "amyb" wrote in message news:3d57cbf9@hronntp01....
    > > Try doing a inventory first..
    > > "Kendra" wrote in message
    > > > I have been trying to catalog the tapes in a library recently, but I

    > > cannot
    > > > get the catalog option to work. No matter what drive I click on, the
    > > > catalog option is grayed out. Does anyone have any ideas?
    > > >
    > > > Kendra

  5. Re: Cannot Catalog

    After a right click, the option isn't even listed. If I select the drive
    and choose Device Operations--->Catalog is grayed out. I am logged in as
    the admin user...

    > > > Try doing a inventory first..
    > > > "Kendra" wrote in message
    > > > cannot

    the

  6. Re: Cannot Catalog

    Maybe exit out of Backup Exec and restart, see if that would help?
    "Kendra" wrote in message
    > The inventory has already been done, and that is when I noticed I couldn't
    > catalog. I also can't erase the tapes, as that option is gray too.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Kendra
    >

    > "amyb" wrote in message news:3d57cbf9@hronntp01....
    > > Try doing a inventory first..
    > > "Kendra" wrote in message
    > > > I have been trying to catalog the tapes in a library recently, but I

    > > cannot
    > > > get the catalog option to work. No matter what drive I click on, the
    > > > catalog option is grayed out. Does anyone have any ideas?
    > > >
    > > > Kendra

+ Reply to Thread