Server reboots during backup of Exchange Mailboxes - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Server reboots during backup of Exchange Mailboxes - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am running a Dell PowerEdge 2500 with NT4 SP6a, Exch 5.5 Enterprise SP4 and BENT v8.6 (3878). All of my scheduled daily/weekly backups run fine unles I select 'Exchange Mailboxes'. If I try and back them up, the server ...

  1. Server reboots during backup of Exchange Mailboxes

    I am running a Dell PowerEdge 2500 with NT4 SP6a, Exch 5.5 Enterprise SP4
    and BENT v8.6 (3878). All of my scheduled daily/weekly backups run fine
    unles I select 'Exchange Mailboxes'. If I try and back them up, the server
    will reboot (at various places) and when it comes back up there will be no
    record of the backup taking place or any events in the event viewer.
    This isn't the first problem I've had with BE and am getting close to considering
    an alternative.

    Thanks in advance

  2. Re: Server reboots during backup of Exchange Mailboxes

    You may not be happy with any other backup software if you insist on doing
    brick level backup (mailbox backup). BLB is slow and erroneous, here's why:
    http://mail.tekscan.com/nomailboxes.htm.

    "Darren" wrote in message

    > I am running a Dell PowerEdge 2500 with NT4 SP6a, Exch 5.5 Enterprise SP4
    > and BENT v8.6 (3878). All of my scheduled daily/weekly backups run fine
    > unles I select 'Exchange Mailboxes'. If I try and back them up, the

    server
    > will reboot (at various places) and when it comes back up there will be no
    > record of the backup taking place or any events in the event viewer.
    > This isn't the first problem I've had with BE and am getting close to

    considering
    > an alternative.
    >
    > Thanks in advance

+ Reply to Thread