I have installed a new back exec on a new computer - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on I have installed a new back exec on a new computer - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, I have installed a new back exec on a new computer in the same domain. I have created a remote agent in each of the servers in the same domain. One of the servers is Exchnge 5.5 on a ...

  1. I have installed a new back exec on a new computer

    Hi,

    I have installed a new back exec on a new computer in the same domain.
    I have created a remote agent in each of the servers in the same domain.

    One of the servers is Exchnge 5.5 on a windows 2000.
    Each time i press on the selection menu on the exchange mailboxes
    i got promted to insers a UNIQUE mailbox account, i heve created in the AD
    of the MAIN SERVER(WINDOWS 2000), a user BACKUP.
    In the services al off the Backup services are BACKUP user account.
    Why i cannot access to the mailboxes?

    Thanx,
    AMir

  2. Re: I have installed a new back exec on a new computer

    Hi Amir,

    first you had to install Outlook 2000 or earlier on the Backup Exec Server,
    and than you must Create a Mailbox for your Backup Exec User. After you create
    the Mailbox accout you must give the Backup Exec Service Account Administrativ
    Rights to your Exchange Server. If the Service Accout has the Rights to access
    Every Mailbox, you logon, with the Service Account, to your Backup Exec Server
    and than you should select the Mailboxes.

    Regards
    Jan Pollnow

    "Amir" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I have installed a new back exec on a new computer in the same domain.
    >I have created a remote agent in each of the servers in the same domain.
    >
    >One of the servers is Exchnge 5.5 on a windows 2000.
    >Each time i press on the selection menu on the exchange mailboxes
    >i got promted to insers a UNIQUE mailbox account, i heve created in the

    AD
    >of the MAIN SERVER(WINDOWS 2000), a user BACKUP.
    >In the services al off the Backup services are BACKUP user account.
    >Why i cannot access to the mailboxes?
    >
    >Thanx,
    >AMir

+ Reply to Thread