Remote Exchange Backup - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Remote Exchange Backup - Veritas Backup Exec ; I Have veritas backup exec 8.6. I have 2 servers, one is the media server, and one is the exchange server. I installed the remote agent on the exchange server, and the exchange agent on the media server. It is ...

  1. Remote Exchange Backup

    I Have veritas backup exec 8.6. I have 2 servers, one is the media server,
    and one is the exchange server. I installed the remote agent on the exchange
    server, and the exchange agent on the media server. It is not letting me
    install the exchange agent anywhere other then the media server. Is this the
    correct configuration? I can backup C: and D: on the exchange server, but
    shouldnt i see an exchange Icon or something in Backup Exec? I have a
    feeling this is not installed right. I looked under systems State, no dice.
    If anyone can shine some light on this issue, i would appreciate it.

  2. Re: Remote Exchange Backup

    It's been over a year since I did the installation. What you said sounds
    correct. (Push) Install remote agent on Exch server, and Exch agent on the
    media server. On top of that, you should also install Exch admin (if using
    v5.5, I don't know about Exch2000). Once installed, you should be able to
    see Exch DS and Info Store as selectable icons.

    "brian" wrote in message news:3d527282$1@hronntp01....
    > I Have veritas backup exec 8.6. I have 2 servers, one is the media server,
    > and one is the exchange server. I installed the remote agent on the

    exchange
    > server, and the exchange agent on the media server. It is not letting me
    > install the exchange agent anywhere other then the media server. Is this

    the
    > correct configuration? I can backup C: and D: on the exchange server, but
    > shouldnt i see an exchange Icon or something in Backup Exec? I have a
    > feeling this is not installed right. I looked under systems State, no

    dice.
    > If anyone can shine some light on this issue, i would appreciate it.

  3. Re: Remote Exchange Backup

    Brian,
    On the Media Server, do you have the Exchange Admin loaded.
    You need it on the Media Server to do Exchange Backups of
    Mailboxes and such.

    "brian" wrote:
    >I Have veritas backup exec 8.6. I have 2 servers, one is the media server,
    >and one is the exchange server. I installed the remote agent on the exchange
    >server, and the exchange agent on the media server. It is not letting me
    >install the exchange agent anywhere other then the media server. Is this

    the
    >correct configuration? I can backup C: and D: on the exchange server, but
    >shouldnt i see an exchange Icon or something in Backup Exec? I have a
    >feeling this is not installed right. I looked under systems State, no dice.
    >If anyone can shine some light on this issue, i would appreciate it.

  4. Re: Remote Exchange Backup

    OK, i have exchange admin installed (system management tools) Now it works
    well, thank you! My next step is to get the mailboxes backup working. I dont
    like the fact i need to install outlook on the server to get it running.
    (security concerns) Arge! thanks for your help though

    "brian" wrote in message news:3d527282$1@hronntp01....
    > I Have veritas backup exec 8.6. I have 2 servers, one is the media server,
    > and one is the exchange server. I installed the remote agent on the

    exchange
    > server, and the exchange agent on the media server. It is not letting me
    > install the exchange agent anywhere other then the media server. Is this

    the
    > correct configuration? I can backup C: and D: on the exchange server, but
    > shouldnt i see an exchange Icon or something in Backup Exec? I have a
    > feeling this is not installed right. I looked under systems State, no

    dice.
    > If anyone can shine some light on this issue, i would appreciate it.

+ Reply to Thread