I am in the last phase of testing IDR restore method. The method works
well, but is quite slow when restored over the live LAN connection. Our
servers have fiber card and backups up through a SAN fiber backup network.
All backups go through the backup network, but an IDR restore does not know
it needs to go through the backup/restore network. Is there any way to work
around? As far as I know,.. there is no way to work around this. Even a
regular restore goes through the live LAN. Veritas should have a "restore
network" option, so that it knows to intelligently go through the restore
network (which is the same as backup network) for restore jobs.