Please Halp me with remote agent - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Please Halp me with remote agent - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, I install remote agent on server that work with workgroup the destionation was \\WORKGROUP\SERVER In the ent of the installation I start the Backup Exec Program and he ask me to choose a sever, after I enter the Backup ...

  1. Please Halp me with remote agent

    Hi,

    I install remote agent on server that work with workgroup
    the destionation was \\WORKGROUP\SERVER
    In the ent of the installation I start the Backup Exec Program
    and he ask me to choose a sever, after I enter the Backup server details
    he could'nt make a connection

    Why? ,How I can enter into Backup Exec Program now?

  2. Re: Please Halp me with remote agent

    Sounds like you problem is with your network configuration or security...Can
    you open the server from Network Neighborhood if NT40 or in my network places
    if 2K? If so, then try this:
    When installing Remote Agent, Choose Manually Install Server where you normally
    would select the server, and type in \\server ip address. But id really
    check your security settings and make sure both machines on same workgroup/domain
    and have correct Subnets, ect. Hope this helps
    "Nirit Touboul" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I install remote agent on server that work with workgroup
    >the destionation was \\WORKGROUP\SERVER
    >In the ent of the installation I start the Backup Exec Program
    >and he ask me to choose a sever, after I enter the Backup server details
    >he could'nt make a connection
    >
    >Why? ,How I can enter into Backup Exec Program now?

+ Reply to Thread