Repost.....Desperately need help !!!!!! - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Repost.....Desperately need help !!!!!! - Veritas Backup Exec ; ================================================== ==================== Job server: IMT-SERV Job name: Catalog 0015 Job started: Monday, August 05, 2002 at 10:34:42 AM Job type: Catalog Job Log: BEX01.txt ================================================== ==================== Drive and media information from media mount: Robotic Library Name: Drive Name: Seagate 1 ...

  1. Repost.....Desperately need help !!!!!!

    Job server: IMT-SERV
    Job name: Catalog 0015
    Job started: Monday, August 05, 2002 at 10:34:42 AM
    Job type: Catalog
    Job Log: BEX01.txt

    Drive and media information from media mount:
    Robotic Library Name:
    Drive Name: Seagate 1
    Slot: 0
    Media GUID: {9F88F09B-D385-49AA-85A5-390826884575}
    Media Label: #4109E009-001
    Overwrite Protection Time Left: None
    Append Time Left: None

    Job Operation - Catalog
    Backup of "C: IMTSERV"
    Backup set #1 on storage media #1
    Backup set description: "Automatic Full Backup"
    This compressed backup set can not be processed.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    An inconsistency was encountered on the storage media in Seagate 1.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

    Job ended: Monday, August 05, 2002 at 2:59:49 PM
    Job completion status: Failed

    Randy" wrote:

    >There is data on the tape....just can't get to it...there has to be a way
    >to get this data off.....doesn't there????? As stated below I don't need
    >to do a full restore, I just need to find and restore 1 folder along with
    >it's sub-folders and data.
    >
    >Ray,
    >Really appreciate any help you can give. BE is the same Ver. 8.6 Rev 3878.
    >Server is basically the same, but no service packs or updates installed

    yet,
    >I really wanted to get these folders back first if possible so that's where
    >the main effort has been once the server was back up.
    >

    >"Ray" wrote:
    >>
    >>Your backups were probably good like you said. However, is the server you
    >>just put back on line configured just like the one that crashed? ie. service
    >>packs, BE software and/or patches?
    >>
    >>Could you tell me exactly what the error message is that you are getting?
    >>

    >>"Randy" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Running Backup Exec Ver. 8.6 Rev 3878
    >>>
    >>>Had a server crash over the weekend and now have the server back up and

    >>running.
    >>>Trying to restore files and folders from backup without success. After

    >waiting
    >>>for 4 hours for BE to recatalog the tape I get the message that it has

    >failed
    >>>even though when backups were done the were apparently successful! Is

    there
    >>>any way to get the data I need off of this tape either via BE or some

    other
    >>>utility...or am I totally screwed. Only need to retrieve 1 folder plus

    >the
    >>>associated sub folders and data. Any help would be greatly appreciated...I
    >>>am Desparate !!!!

  2. Re: Repost.....Desperately need help !!!!!!

    Are you trying to restore using the same tape drive/library or a different
    one?

    "Randy" wrote:

    >================================================== ====================
    >Job server: IMT-SERV
    >Job name: Catalog 0015
    >Job started: Monday, August 05, 2002 at 10:34:42 AM
    >Job type: Catalog
    >Job Log: BEX01.txt
    >================================================== ====================
    >
    >Drive and media information from media mount:
    >Robotic Library Name:
    >Drive Name: Seagate 1
    >Slot: 0
    >Media GUID: {9F88F09B-D385-49AA-85A5-390826884575}
    >Media Label: #4109E009-001
    >Overwrite Protection Time Left: None
    >Append Time Left: None
    >
    >================================================== ====================
    >Job Operation - Catalog
    >================================================== ====================
    >Backup of "C: IMTSERV"
    >Backup set #1 on storage media #1
    >Backup set description: "Automatic Full Backup"
    >This compressed backup set can not be processed.
    >^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >An inconsistency was encountered on the storage media in Seagate 1.
    >^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >
    >================================================== ====================
    >Job ended: Monday, August 05, 2002 at 2:59:49 PM
    >Job completion status: Failed
    >================================================== ====================
    >

    >Randy" wrote:
    >>
    >>There is data on the tape....just can't get to it...there has to be a way
    >>to get this data off.....doesn't there????? As stated below I don't need
    >>to do a full restore, I just need to find and restore 1 folder along with
    >>it's sub-folders and data.
    >>
    >>Ray,
    >>Really appreciate any help you can give. BE is the same Ver. 8.6 Rev 3878.
    >>Server is basically the same, but no service packs or updates installed

    >yet,
    >>I really wanted to get these folders back first if possible so that's where
    >>the main effort has been once the server was back up.
    >>

    >>"Ray" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Your backups were probably good like you said. However, is the server

    you
    >>>just put back on line configured just like the one that crashed? ie. service
    >>>packs, BE software and/or patches?
    >>>
    >>>Could you tell me exactly what the error message is that you are getting?

    >>>running.

    >>waiting

    >>failed

    >there

    >other

    >>the

  3. Re: Repost.....Desperately need help !!!!!!

    It is the same drive and tape that was used in the old server

    Ken Putnam" wrote:

    >Are you trying to restore using the same tape drive/library or a different
    >one?
    >
    >"Randy" wrote:
    >>
    >>================================================== ====================
    >>Job server: IMT-SERV
    >>Job name: Catalog 0015
    >>Job started: Monday, August 05, 2002 at 10:34:42 AM
    >>Job type: Catalog
    >>Job Log: BEX01.txt
    >>================================================== ====================
    >>
    >>Drive and media information from media mount:
    >>Robotic Library Name:
    >>Drive Name: Seagate 1
    >>Slot: 0
    >>Media GUID: {9F88F09B-D385-49AA-85A5-390826884575}
    >>Media Label: #4109E009-001
    >>Overwrite Protection Time Left: None
    >>Append Time Left: None
    >>
    >>================================================== ====================
    >>Job Operation - Catalog
    >>================================================== ====================
    >>Backup of "C: IMTSERV"
    >>Backup set #1 on storage media #1
    >>Backup set description: "Automatic Full Backup"
    >>This compressed backup set can not be processed.
    >>^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >>An inconsistency was encountered on the storage media in Seagate 1.
    >>^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >>
    >>================================================== ====================
    >>Job ended: Monday, August 05, 2002 at 2:59:49 PM
    >>Job completion status: Failed
    >>================================================== ====================
    >>

    >>Randy" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>There is data on the tape....just can't get to it...there has to be a

    way
    >>>to get this data off.....doesn't there????? As stated below I don't need
    >>>to do a full restore, I just need to find and restore 1 folder along with
    >>>it's sub-folders and data.
    >>>
    >>>Ray,
    >>>Really appreciate any help you can give. BE is the same Ver. 8.6 Rev 3878.
    >>>Server is basically the same, but no service packs or updates installed

    >>yet,
    >>>I really wanted to get these folders back first if possible so that's

    where
    >>>the main effort has been once the server was back up.

    >you

    service

    and
    >>>waiting