Soft write errors - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Soft write errors - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am constantly getting several thousand soft write errors on each backup tape used. Most have over 100000 soft write errors. That can't be good. I've cleaned the drive several times. The drivers seem to be up to date too. ...

  1. Soft write errors

    I am constantly getting several thousand soft write errors on each backup
    tape used. Most have over 100000 soft write errors. That can't be good.
    I've cleaned the drive several times. The drivers seem to be up to date
    too. What can I do to fix this?

  2. Re: Soft write errors

    How old are the tapes?

    Verify that the firmware on your SCSI conroller and tape drive (and library
    if applicable) are current.

    Also, double check with your drive manufacuturer and see if they have "suggested
    or "recommended" media brands.

    "Garner Albright" wrote:

    >I am constantly getting several thousand soft write errors on each backup
    >tape used. Most have over 100000 soft write errors. That can't be good.
    > I've cleaned the drive several times. The drivers seem to be up to date
    >too. What can I do to fix this?

+ Reply to Thread