Bad media Version 8.5 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Bad media Version 8.5 - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am running Backupexec V8.5 on a NT server. An issue has occurred where media is noted as bad. I have tried new tapes and the error still occurs. It even appears when trying to erase the tapes. I am ...

  1. Bad media Version 8.5

    I am running Backupexec V8.5 on a NT server. An issue has occurred where
    media is noted as bad. I have tried new tapes and the error still occurs.
    It even appears when trying to erase the tapes. I am really stuck, can
    anyone please help?

  2. Re: Bad media Version 8.5

    Take a look at this:

    "Unrecognized Media" Hotfix for BENT v7.3 b.2575, v8.0 b.3316 and v8.5
    b.3571 ONLY! [ALPHA/INTEL cpu's]
    TechFile ID: 234341

    "Andy Fordyce" wrote in message
    > I am running Backupexec V8.5 on a NT server. An issue has occurred where
    > media is noted as bad. I have tried new tapes and the error still occurs.
    > It even appears when trying to erase the tapes. I am really stuck, can
    > anyone please help?

+ Reply to Thread