Problem Backuping with Backup Exec - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Problem Backuping with Backup Exec - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have to problems: 1. my company have 2 servers. from one of the servers I backup the other server. in the selection he dosen't give me to select his folders in 2 of the servers we have windows 2000 ...

  1. Problem Backuping with Backup Exec

    I have to problems:

    1. my company have 2 servers.
    from one of the servers I backup the other server.
    in the selection he dosen't give me to select his folders
    in 2 of the servers we have windows 2000 server.

    what I need to install that I can select the server folders to my backup?

    2. one of the network computer have windows 2000 operation system, when I
    want to select the computer folders he tell me to do attach the user and
    password, when I attach the user and the password of the computer he dosent
    accept my log on.

    what I need to install that I can select the computer folders to my backup?

    Thank you,

    Nirit

  2. Re: Problem Backuping with Backup Exec

    For the other ServerOS machien, you need to purchase and install a copy
    of the RemoteAgnet on the
    second server

    As for why you can't connect to the other workstations, try enteing the
    connect in the format
    "computername\user-id"

    Nirit Touboul wrote:

    >I have to problems:
    >
    >1. my company have 2 servers.
    >from one of the servers I backup the other server.
    >in the selection he dosen't give me to select his folders
    >in 2 of the servers we have windows 2000 server.
    >
    >what I need to install that I can select the server folders to my backup?
    >
    >2. one of the network computer have windows 2000 operation system, when I
    >want to select the computer folders he tell me to do attach the user and
    >password, when I attach the user and the password of the computer he dosent
    >accept my log on.
    >
    >what I need to install that I can select the computer folders to my backup?
    >
    >Thank you,
    >
    >Nirit

+ Reply to Thread