Can not restore tape from Windows2000 BE8.5 to NT4 BE8.5 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Can not restore tape from Windows2000 BE8.5 to NT4 BE8.5 - Veritas Backup Exec ; my external tape drive on my Windows 2000 Server failed. I have an internal tape drive on an NT4 member server. How can I restore files created on BE8.5 from my 2000 server to BE8.5 on my NT member Server? ...

  1. Can not restore tape from Windows2000 BE8.5 to NT4 BE8.5

    my external tape drive on my Windows 2000 Server failed. I have an internal
    tape drive on an NT4 member server. How can I restore files created on BE8.5
    from my 2000 server to BE8.5 on my NT member Server? When I check Restore
    all I see is "ALL VOLUMES" and nothing on the right side. Under Media (ALL
    Media) the right side says None.

  2. Re: Can not restore tape from Windows2000 BE8.5 to NT4 BE8.5

    Are the two tape drives compatible?
    Have you inventoried and cataloged the tape?

    "Cal Miyatake" wrote:

    >my external tape drive on my Windows 2000 Server failed. I have an internal
    >tape drive on an NT4 member server. How can I restore files created on

    BE8.5
    >from my 2000 server to BE8.5 on my NT member Server? When I check Restore
    >all I see is "ALL VOLUMES" and nothing on the right side. Under Media (ALL
    >Media) the right side says None.

+ Reply to Thread