Unable to find tape library when performing IDR - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Unable to find tape library when performing IDR - Veritas Backup Exec ; (Win2k Server, BENT 8.6)I'm testing out our DR process and have found that I am unable to recover our Exchange servers. Upon following the IDR process I have found that I do not get the option to use the network ...

  1. Unable to find tape library when performing IDR

    (Win2k Server, BENT 8.6)I'm testing out our DR process and have found that
    I am unable to recover our Exchange servers. Upon following the IDR process
    I have found that I do not get the option to use the network to restore when
    the IDR wizard runs. Consequently the wizard looks for a local tape library,
    can't find it, and fails, when actually I want to restore from a remote media
    server.

  2. Re: Unable to find tape library when performing IDR

    Find "bedrwiz.ini" file and modify the "NoNetwork=" attribute to 0. Modify
    this file as well in your \Veritas\Backup Exec\NT\IDR\disk1 directory so
    future diskette sets you create allow the network restore option.

    Also see, http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/244905.htm

    "Mark Willis" wrote in message

    > (Win2k Server, BENT 8.6)I'm testing out our DR process and have found that
    > I am unable to recover our Exchange servers. Upon following the IDR

    process
    > I have found that I do not get the option to use the network to restore

    when
    > the IDR wizard runs. Consequently the wizard looks for a local tape

    library,
    > can't find it, and fails, when actually I want to restore from a remote

    media
    > server.

+ Reply to Thread