backup speed slows down - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on backup speed slows down - Veritas Backup Exec ; On one of our DLT8000 loaders the backup speed is now about 30MB/min, locally and remote, on different servers with OFO and without, some with db-agents . So i think there is no network or (Server is Compaq, NT4, SP6, ...

  1. backup speed slows down

    On one of our DLT8000 loaders the backup speed is now about
    30MB/min, locally and remote, on different servers with OFO and
    without, some with db-agents . So i think there is no network or
    (Server is Compaq, NT4, SP6, Bexec 8.5, verify on)

    Normally we had 250MB/min or more for larger jobs. The machine
    ran without such a problem for 2 years now. Only file number
    may have increased, but slowly.

    There is no entry in eventlog, we canged to new tapes, cycle
    powered loader and server with no result.

    What else can we do? Thought about deleting the catalogs?

    peter

  2. Re: backup speed slows down

    Most likely your Etheret speed. There is auto-negotiation errors if you set
    the switch/hub ports to auto-negotiation. Manually force your ethernet port
    speed to 100/full-duplex.

    "peter" wrote in message news:3d4e4bee$1@hronntp01....

    > On one of our DLT8000 loaders the backup speed is now about
    > 30MB/min, locally and remote, on different servers with OFO and
    > without, some with db-agents . So i think there is no network or
    > (Server is Compaq, NT4, SP6, Bexec 8.5, verify on)
    >
    > Normally we had 250MB/min or more for larger jobs. The machine
    > ran without such a problem for 2 years now. Only file number
    > may have increased, but slowly.
    >
    > There is no entry in eventlog, we canged to new tapes, cycle
    > powered loader and server with no result.
    >
    > What else can we do? Thought about deleting the catalogs?
    >
    > peter

+ Reply to Thread