Backing up System State - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backing up System State - Veritas Backup Exec ; Backup Exec 8.6.3878 on Win2K. When I'm backing up System State on some Win2K servers, I get an access denied error. Checking the logs on those servers, I see that BE logs on first as the backup user I've created ...

  1. Backing up System State

    Backup Exec 8.6.3878 on Win2K. When I'm backing up System
    State on some Win2K servers, I get an access denied error.
    Checking the logs on those servers, I see that BE logs on
    first as the backup user I've created but then it tries
    to log on again but this time as the administrator on the
    BE server. This does not work, of course, but why does it
    do it?

    This does not apply to all servers, just a few. They are
    stand alone, no domains.

    --
    Mattias

  2. Re: Backing up System State

    To back up "the system state" requires the administrative rights.

    "Mattias" wrote:

    >Backup Exec 8.6.3878 on Win2K. When I'm backing up System
    >State on some Win2K servers, I get an access denied error.
    >Checking the logs on those servers, I see that BE logs on
    >first as the backup user I've created but then it tries
    >to log on again but this time as the administrator on the
    >BE server. This does not work, of course, but why does it
    >do it?
    >
    >This does not apply to all servers, just a few. They are
    >stand alone, no domains.
    >
    >--
    >Mattias

  3. Re: Backing up System State

    "Ray" wrote:

    >To back up "the system state" requires the administrative rights.
    >

    >"Mattias" wrote:
    >>
    >>Backup Exec 8.6.3878 on Win2K. When I'm backing up System
    >>State on some Win2K servers, I get an access denied error.
    >>Checking the logs on those servers, I see that BE logs on
    >>first as the backup user I've created but then it tries
    >>to log on again but this time as the administrator on the
    >>BE server. This does not work, of course, but why does it
    >>do it?
    >>
    >>This does not apply to all servers, just a few. They are
    >>stand alone, no domains.
    >>
    >>--
    >>Mattias

    I know, the user I created has administrative rights. But the same problem
    exists if I attach as administrator. The backup server attaches twice, first
    as the correct user and then as
    the administrator on the backup server, which results in a access denied
    error from the target server.
    --
    Mattias

+ Reply to Thread