location of restore parts for files in use during system state restore - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on location of restore parts for files in use during system state restore - Veritas Backup Exec ; When one does a c drive and system state restore a number of files have to be stage for restore after a reboot. Does anyone know where these files are staged and what registry items and/or bat files are used ...

  1. location of restore parts for files in use during system state restore

    When one does a c drive and system state restore a number of files have to
    be stage for restore after a reboot.
    Does anyone know where these files are staged and what registry items and/or
    bat files are used to control the replacement of the old files with the new
    ones.

    Thanks len boyle

  2. Re: location of restore parts for files in use during system state restore

    I am not sure if this will help you with your exact
    needs, but I thought these links might be helpful.
    Each of these articles have additional links to System
    State issues on the same site (jsiinc.com) as well
    as on other sites such as microsoft.com.

    How do I back up the system state data of a remote computer in Windows 2000?
    http://www.jsiinc.com/subk/tip5100/rh5128.htm

    Backup the Registry and System State in batch, without a backup device:
    http://www.jsiinc.com/subf/tip2500/rh2500.htm

    How do I recover Windows 2000?
    http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBG/TIP3200/rh3200.htm

    Good luck,

    pdp

    "len boyle" wrote ....
    > When one does a c drive and system state restore a number of files have to
    > be stage for restore after a reboot.
    > Does anyone know where these files are staged and what registry items

    and/or
    > bat files are used to control the replacement of the old files with the

    new
    > ones.

+ Reply to Thread