Win2K SP3 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Win2K SP3 - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have just installed SP3 on my W2K SBS Server which is running BNT 8.60 Rev 3878 SBS version. Up untill now the backup system has been working fine with Verify enabled backups of the Exchange database et al. Having ...

  1. Win2K SP3

    I have just installed SP3 on my W2K SBS Server which is running BNT 8.60 Rev
    3878 SBS version. Up untill now the backup system has been working fine
    with Verify enabled backups of the Exchange database et al.

    Having installed W2K SP3 all of a sudden the backups fail at the point where
    the verify should start - the log reporting that the operation was "Canceled
    by \". As far as I can tell the backup happens OK - it just falls over at
    the verify point.

    Any ideas anyone????

    TIA

  2. Re: Win2K SP3

    Hello,

    a few weeks ago i had this prob also with BE 8.6 but on win NT 4.0
    jenn of the newsgroup told me to look at technote: 196724

    and it helps at my problem,
    i hope it resolve your prob also

    best regards

    Werner

    "Dave Wilkinson" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > I have just installed SP3 on my W2K SBS Server which is running BNT 8.60

    Rev
    > 3878 SBS version. Up untill now the backup system has been working fine
    > with Verify enabled backups of the Exchange database et al.
    >
    > Having installed W2K SP3 all of a sudden the backups fail at the point

    where
    > the verify should start - the log reporting that the operation was

    "Canceled
    > by \". As far as I can tell the backup happens OK - it just falls over at
    > the verify point.
    >
    > Any ideas anyone????
    >

    > TIA

+ Reply to Thread