Blue Screen - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Blue Screen - Veritas Backup Exec ; Win2ksp2 - backupexec v8.5 - The server is a DC running exchange2k Backup runs - Server blue screens - seemingly randomly but always during a backup job. I've found several posts blaming the OFO agent, Is there a fix for ...

  1. Blue Screen

    Win2ksp2 - backupexec v8.5 - The server is a DC running exchange2k

    Backup runs - Server blue screens - seemingly randomly but always during a
    backup job.

    I've found several posts blaming the OFO agent, Is there a fix for this
    problem yet?

    Stop error is as follows

    The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007f
    (0x00000008, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000). Microsoft Windows 2000
    [v15.2195]. A dump was saved in: C:\WINNT\MEMORY.DMP.

    Jeff

  2. Re: Blue Screen

    >Backup runs - Server blue screens - seemingly randomly but always during

    >backup job.
    >
    >I've found several posts blaming the OFO agent, Is there a fix for this
    >problem yet?

    If there is will someone let me know!

    If you increase your OFO sizes, move the OFO file to a different drive (without
    OFO) or decrease the size of your job (i.e. split it down into 2 or more
    smaller jobs) you will likely get rid of it. However, there are other less
    harmful side effects to messing about with the OFO.

    BENT could be great but the OFO stuff is absolutely pitiful and turns a potentially
    good product into a pathetic shambles.

  3. Re: Blue Screen

    I was just on veritas web site they have a patch for blue screen error, take
    a look

    "Andy Cowie" wrote:

    >>Backup runs - Server blue screens - seemingly randomly but always during

    >>backup job.
    >>
    >>I've found several posts blaming the OFO agent, Is there a fix for this
    >>problem yet?

    >If there is will someone let me know!
    >
    >If you increase your OFO sizes, move the OFO file to a different drive (without
    >OFO) or decrease the size of your job (i.e. split it down into 2 or more
    >smaller jobs) you will likely get rid of it. However, there are other less
    >harmful side effects to messing about with the OFO.
    >
    >BENT could be great but the OFO stuff is absolutely pitiful and turns a

    potentially
    >good product into a pathetic shambles.

+ Reply to Thread