Backup Selections shows *some* remote folders as empty - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup Selections shows *some* remote folders as empty - Veritas Backup Exec ; This is killing me. In the Backup Selections tab, two critical folders show up as being empty when viewed through the administrative share (D$).(They are NOT) - Other folders are perfectly normal - through the same share. - All folders ...

  1. Backup Selections shows *some* remote folders as empty

    This is killing me.

    In the Backup Selections tab, two critical folders show up as being empty
    when viewed through the administrative share (D$).(They are NOT)

    - Other folders are perfectly normal - through the same share.
    - All folders are visible through a user share (in BE).
    - All folders are visible through D$ using windows browsing or NTBackup from
    the same backup server.
    - Tried both with and without the Remote Agent; no impact.

    I don't think the following is related, but in the interest of full disclosure:
    The machine involved is a W2K PDC emulator and RIS server (this is a SIS
    drive), and these 2 folders are shared directly and advertised through DFS.

    - Running a backup on these folder works sometimes, sometimes not - Sometimes
    one works and not the other! There is never an error; it simply doesn't back
    the folder up. The only way I can tell is the amount of data backed up and
    whether they show up in restore selections.

  2. Re: Backup Selections shows *some* remote folders as empty

    Sorry:

    BENT 8.6 build 3878.

    I guess I was really asking: does anyone know how the 'Backup Selections'
    tab GUI is populated with available folders and files? I would have thought
    that it would have used Windows Explorer, but as I said, direct use of Windows
    Explorer does not result in the same problem. I kind of suspect a permissions
    problem, but I don't know where to look; BE is running as a Domain Admin,
    as am I.

  3. Re: Backup Selections shows *some* remote folders as empty

    This turns out to be a DFS related issue.

+ Reply to Thread