Restore Behavior Question: Somewhat Urgent - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Restore Behavior Question: Somewhat Urgent - Veritas Backup Exec ; We have a grandfather-father-son tape scheme going. We need to restore a full drive to the state of a particular day. How would do the restore? The problem I am expecting is that if I restore the full, then the ...

  1. Restore Behavior Question: Somewhat Urgent

    We have a grandfather-father-son tape scheme going. We need to restore
    a full drive to the state of a particular day. How would do the
    restore? The problem I am expecting is that if I restore the full,
    then the incrementals, then the most recent differential, I will still
    end up with files that were deleted along the way. I know that the
    most recent versions will overright older ones restore by the full
    backup for example. But does it keep track of delete files?

  2. Re: Restore Behavior Question: Somewhat Urgent

    Nope, you are correct. If yo do fulls on Friday, and Incr/Diff the rest of
    the week, and if a file was deleted on Tues. If you recover to Wednesday,
    that file wil still be there.

    One of the reasons that I prefer fulls every day (given the backup window
    to do them in, of course).

    Dr. Nick Riviera wrote:
    >We have a grandfather-father-son tape scheme going. We need to restore
    >a full drive to the state of a particular day. How would do the
    >restore? The problem I am expecting is that if I restore the full,
    >then the incrementals, then the most recent differential, I will still
    >end up with files that were deleted along the way. I know that the
    >most recent versions will overright older ones restore by the full
    >backup for example. But does it keep track of delete files?

+ Reply to Thread