HP Ultrium 230 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on HP Ultrium 230 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, i have the HP Ultrium 230 and BackupExec 8.5. The tapes are HP 200GBs The backup writes 65GB data to the tape and requires a new tape. I think that the Ultrium can write 100GB uncompressed and 200GB compressed ...

  1. HP Ultrium 230

    Hi,

    i have the HP Ultrium 230 and BackupExec 8.5. The tapes are HP 200GBs

    The backup writes 65GB data to the tape and requires a new tape. I think
    that the Ultrium can write 100GB uncompressed and 200GB compressed
    data to the tape - okay, only with best compress!!!!!!
    BUT, 100GB must be write to the Tape - 65GB is to less !

    Whats wrong ?

    Thanks
    Jürgen

  2. Re: HP Ultrium 230

    In OPTIONS - what type of compression is selected?
    Also make sure that the tape does support "compression".
    What kind of data are you backing up?

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?J=FCrgen_Breiner?= wrote:
    >Hi,
    >
    >i have the HP Ultrium 230 and BackupExec 8.5. The tapes are HP 200GBs
    >
    >The backup writes 65GB data to the tape and requires a new tape. I think
    >that the Ultrium can write 100GB uncompressed and 200GB compressed
    >data to the tape - okay, only with best compress!!!!!!
    >BUT, 100GB must be write to the Tape - 65GB is to less !
    >
    >Whats wrong ?
    >
    >Thanks
    >Jürgen

  3. Re: HP Ultrium 230

    Hi,

    thanks for your answer.
    the compression type is: Hardware [........., else Software]
    the tapes are originals HP Tapes (HP C7971A 200GB)
    and the data are normal (W2K Servers, NT Servers, Exchange Server)

    Thanks
    Jürgen

    wrote:
    > >Hi,
    > >
    > >i have the HP Ultrium 230 and BackupExec 8.5. The tapes are HP 200GBs
    > >
    > >The backup writes 65GB data to the tape and requires a new tape. I think
    > >that the Ultrium can write 100GB uncompressed and 200GB compressed
    > >data to the tape - okay, only with best compress!!!!!!
    > >BUT, 100GB must be write to the Tape - 65GB is to less !
    > >
    > >Whats wrong ?
    > >
    > >Thanks
    > >Jürgen

+ Reply to Thread