Partial/Full Remote Backup Problem - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Partial/Full Remote Backup Problem - Veritas Backup Exec ; I've purchased a remote agent license. I installed the license on my backup server for a Win2K Prof. workstation. It worked fine. I then needed to move the information that was on the workstation to another server (a new file ...

  1. Partial/Full Remote Backup Problem

    I've purchased a remote agent license. I installed the license on my backup
    server for a Win2K Prof. workstation. It worked fine.

    I then needed to move the information that was on the workstation to another
    server (a new file server). I copied the information over to the new file
    server and took the workstation off of the network.

    I then ran the setup again to install the remote agent onto the new file
    server. It appears to have installed correctly. Now I can not backup that
    server without getting the following error/warning:
    Remote Agent for Windows NT/2000 not present - performing standard backup
    WARNING: Backup servers cannot completely protect remote Windows 2000
    servers or workstations unless the Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows
    NT/2000 is installed
    and running on each remote Windows 2000 server or workstation to be
    protected. Data loss can occur if the Remote Agent for Windows NT/2000 is
    not running while backing up remote Windows 2000 computers.

    Please refer to the documentation or online help for more information.

    I believe this is causing my backup to say it has failed when in fact it
    hasn't. There is only one folder (and subfolders) I need backed up off of
    this new file server. They seem to be getting backed up, but I'm still
    getting this error.

    My question is of two parts and needing only one answer:
    1) How can I get my remote agent (that I paid for) installed properly so
    that I won't get this error.

    OR

    2) How do I disable this warning so that it won't appear as though my backup
    failed.

  2. Re: Partial/Full Remote Backup Problem

    Also, Running:
    BE 8.50 rev. 3572

    --sorry I forgot to include this.

    "Casey" wrote in message news:3d41846d$1@hronntp01....
    > I've purchased a remote agent license. I installed the license on my

    backup
    > server for a Win2K Prof. workstation. It worked fine.
    >
    > I then needed to move the information that was on the workstation to

    another
    > server (a new file server). I copied the information over to the new file
    > server and took the workstation off of the network.
    >
    > I then ran the setup again to install the remote agent onto the new file
    > server. It appears to have installed correctly. Now I can not backup

    that
    > server without getting the following error/warning:
    > ================================================== =============
    > Remote Agent for Windows NT/2000 not present - performing standard backup
    > WARNING: Backup servers cannot completely protect remote Windows 2000
    > servers or workstations unless the Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows
    > NT/2000 is installed
    > and running on each remote Windows 2000 server or workstation to be
    > protected. Data loss can occur if the Remote Agent for Windows NT/2000 is
    > not running while backing up remote Windows 2000 computers.
    >
    > Please refer to the documentation or online help for more information.
    > ================================================== =============
    >
    > I believe this is causing my backup to say it has failed when in fact it
    > hasn't. There is only one folder (and subfolders) I need backed up off of
    > this new file server. They seem to be getting backed up, but I'm still
    > getting this error.
    >
    > My question is of two parts and needing only one answer:
    > 1) How can I get my remote agent (that I paid for) installed properly so
    > that I won't get this error.
    >
    > OR
    >
    > 2) How do I disable this warning so that it won't appear as though my

    backup
    > failed.

+ Reply to Thread