Hi All,
I am running 8.5 and I just got a 130T with 30 slots and 2 drives. I am
trying to reason out the reason why I would use partitions vs. just using
media sets.

I basically run 3 backup jobs. One for my file server on one tape drive.
One for the rest of the servers on the network and One for an Exchange full
backup every night.

I have a media set for file server tapes and I have a media set for "all
other servers".
When I created the backup jobs I told each job which media set to use and
what drive to use.
This method has worked for me on the old 6 tape libary ADIC non bar code
reader. But now I am wondering how the 130T bar code reader and partitioning
will be an advantage to me.

Thanks for any input...
Rod