Veritas 8.6 and McAfee - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Veritas 8.6 and McAfee - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, Is there any known issues between Veritas 8.6 and McAfee? When you do backup daytime itís fine but over-night backupís keep failing (McAfee is running at this time) Please help. Thanks. Wim...

  1. Veritas 8.6 and McAfee

    Hi,
    Is there any known issues between Veritas 8.6 and McAfee?
    When you do backup daytime itís fine but over-night backupís keep failing
    (McAfee is running at this time)
    Please help.
    Thanks.

    Wim

  2. Re: Veritas 8.6 and McAfee

    Wim,

    The problem is not specifically related to McAfee. Any antivirus software
    or any other software the creates excessive I/O during the backup could
    cause the same problem.

    A/V scheduled scans and Defrag jobs should never be allowed to overlap or
    overlap the backup job.

    Additionally, if backing up Exchange, mailbox A/V scans cannot occur either
    because both are initializing MAPI at the same time. The other thing to do
    other than modifying start times for jobs is to modify the A/V software so
    that it doesn't scan on access or modification. When you backup the archive
    bit is changed, this is how the OS knows what has been backed up. This
    change can cause a virus scan at the time of backup and prevent the backup
    job from successfully completing. If you say the problem happens only at
    night then this probably is not your problem, just the overlapping jobs.

    I hope this helps.

    -kk

    "wimal" wrote in message news:3d3e8a3c@hronntp01....

    > Hi,
    > Is there any known issues between Veritas 8.6 and McAfee?
    > When you do backup daytime it's fine but over-night backup's keep failing
    > (McAfee is running at this time)
    > Please help.
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Wim