Restore IIS metabase from System State Backup on Domain Controller - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Restore IIS metabase from System State Backup on Domain Controller - Veritas Backup Exec ; I don't want to restore Active Directory. I know this is basically a non-authorative restore of active directory, but have had problems with Sysvol NTfRs on a restore in the past. Apart from backing up the IIS metabase monthly to ...

  1. Restore IIS metabase from System State Backup on Domain Controller

    I don't want to restore Active Directory.

    I know this is basically a non-authorative restore of active directory,
    but have had problems with Sysvol NTfRs on a restore in the past.

    Apart from backing up the IIS metabase monthly to a floppy - is there anyway
    around this.

  2. Re: Restore IIS metabase from System State Backup on Domain Controller

    See http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/237007.htm to backup the Metabase
    to the hard drive.

    Once this is done, the backup file will be grabbed by BackupExec as a flat
    file. restore the metaback file then restore from that to IIS.

    "Mike Baker" wrote:
    >I don't want to restore Active Directory.
    >
    >I know this is basically a non-authorative restore of active directory,
    >but have had problems with Sysvol NTfRs on a restore in the past.
    >
    >Apart from backing up the IIS metabase monthly to a floppy - is there anyway
    >around this.

+ Reply to Thread