The media provided to continue the backup already contains... - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on The media provided to continue the backup already contains... - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have read TechNote ID : 235151, ("This error usually means that the tape is full or that the last tape in autoloaderīs partition is full..." ), overwrite option is OK, and status on the Backup Exec Changer Inventory report ...

  1. The media provided to continue the backup already contains...

    I have read TechNote ID : 235151, ("This error usually means that the tape
    is full or that the last tape in autoloaderīs partition is full..." ), overwrite
    option is OK, and status on the Backup Exec Changer Inventory report are:

    Media 1:Code Status 3:Special State:Imported Media or Write Error
    Media 2:Code Status 1:no space to append on side 1 to the media.

    We have changed, erased and re-label the two cartridges
    Works with Backup Exec 8.50 Rev 3571, Windows 2000 Server Pentium IV 1500MHZ

    Any suggestion ? Sorry for my poor english ! Thanks.

  2. Re: The media provided to continue the backup already contains...

    Sorry! tape drive is an autoloader

    "Miguel Angel Aldonza" wrote:

    >I have read TechNote ID : 235151, ("This error usually means that the tape
    >is full or that the last tape in autoloaderīs partition is full..." ), overwrite
    >option is OK, and status on the Backup Exec Changer Inventory report are:
    >
    >Media 1:Code Status 3:Special State:Imported Media or Write Error
    >Media 2:Code Status 1:no space to append on side 1 to the media.
    >
    >We have changed, erased and re-label the two cartridges
    >Works with Backup Exec 8.50 Rev 3571, Windows 2000 Server Pentium IV 1500MHZ
    >
    >Any suggestion ? Sorry for my poor english ! Thanks.

  3. Re: The media provided to continue the backup already contains...

    See http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/235151.htm

    Basically, the tape has filled up and BackupExec has tried to re-load the
    same tape to continue the job.

    Is the job pointed at a particular slot, or just the loader in general.

    "Miguel Angel Aldonza" wrote:

    >I have read TechNote ID : 235151, ("This error usually means that the tape
    >is full or that the last tape in autoloaderīs partition is full..." ), overwrite
    >option is OK, and status on the Backup Exec Changer Inventory report are:
    >
    >Media 1:Code Status 3:Special State:Imported Media or Write Error
    >Media 2:Code Status 1:no space to append on side 1 to the media.
    >
    >We have changed, erased and re-label the two cartridges
    >Works with Backup Exec 8.50 Rev 3571, Windows 2000 Server Pentium IV 1500MHZ
    >
    >Any suggestion ? Sorry for my poor english ! Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread