Exchange 5.5 Mailbox Restore Problem - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Exchange 5.5 Mailbox Restore Problem - Veritas Backup Exec ; We using BE 8.6 on Windows 2000. We are having difficulty restoring mailboxes to an Exchange 5.5 server. We recently lost the entire DS and IS and due to tape failure on the latest full backup had to start our ...

  1. Exchange 5.5 Mailbox Restore Problem

    We using BE 8.6 on Windows 2000. We are having difficulty restoring mailboxes
    to an Exchange 5.5 server. We recently lost the entire DS and IS and due
    to tape failure on the latest full backup had to start our restore from a
    tape 10 days old. The restore of the IS and DS worked no problem, but now
    we are trying to restore mailboxes to the most current state and having problems.
    We can attach and restore mailboxes, but a small 148MB box will take 46 mins
    before a single byte of info is restored. The job lists as running in BE.
    The job then takes 10 more minutes to reach 99% and then hangs. We are using
    VAPI/MAPI virus scanning on Exchange, but have not had the slow restore problem
    before when restoring Mailboxes with the exact same configuration on the
    exact same server. Any insight would be apprecaited.

  2. Re: Exchange 5.5 Mailbox Restore Problem

    Kevin,

    Have you at least tried to restore after stopping the MAPI A/V scans??

    What were the results??

    -kk

    "Kevin " wrote in message

    > We using BE 8.6 on Windows 2000. We are having difficulty restoring

    mailboxes
    > to an Exchange 5.5 server. We recently lost the entire DS and IS and due
    > to tape failure on the latest full backup had to start our restore from a
    > tape 10 days old. The restore of the IS and DS worked no problem, but now
    > we are trying to restore mailboxes to the most current state and having

    problems.
    > We can attach and restore mailboxes, but a small 148MB box will take 46

    mins
    > before a single byte of info is restored. The job lists as running in BE.
    > The job then takes 10 more minutes to reach 99% and then hangs. We are

    using
    > VAPI/MAPI virus scanning on Exchange, but have not had the slow restore

    problem
    > before when restoring Mailboxes with the exact same configuration on the
    > exact same server. Any insight would be apprecaited.

+ Reply to Thread