Problem with verify BE 8.6 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Problem with verify BE 8.6 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello, once more i got strange problem with my BE 8.6 3808. Details: BE-Server Win NT4.0 SP6 Intel Pentium 3 Adaptec Controller Adic Lib 15 Slot with 1 DDS3-Drive Client-Server Win NT4.0 Terminal-Server SP 4 Intel Pentium 2 I use ...

  1. Problem with verify BE 8.6

    Hello,

    once more i got strange problem with my BE 8.6 3808.
    Details:
    BE-Server Win NT4.0 SP6 Intel Pentium 3
    Adaptec Controller
    Adic Lib 15 Slot
    with 1 DDS3-Drive

    Client-Server Win NT4.0 Terminal-Server SP 4 Intel Pentium 2

    I use a Grandfather/Father/Son-Method. All works without any troubles only
    somtetimes the tapes
    reach their physical end...ok i changed them and fine.

    But now it start few weeks ago i allways got at the week-backup the
    following error-message in my log.

    Auftragstyp - Überprüfen

    Laufwerks- und Mediendaten von Medienladevorgang:
    Wechslername : ADIC 1
    Laufwerksname: ARCHIVE 2
    Medienschacht: 1
    Medien-GUID: {9B045895-0666-11D6-A1D6-004005411288}
    Medienkennung: TCP T12
    Verbleibende Überschreibschutzzeit: 1 Woche
    Verbleibende Anhängezeit: Keine
    Name des Ziel-Mediensatzes: Mediensatz 1

    Auftrag beendet am Samstag, 13. Juli 2002 um 01:33:49
    Auftragsabschlußstatus: Abgebrochen von \

    I translate:
    it is verifiying, and want to load the first tape again, and then it got the
    message status: canceled by \ ????

    Nobody is at the office in this time, the daily backup and the monthly
    backup work fine again ( monthly backup
    is the same as weekly backup only with few more files)

    my daily backup job is differential, week and month full.

    This have nothing to do with wrong media-settings I know, all medias a
    labeled correctly, the right media-pool and also
    the overwrite/attach-settings of media and media-pool are correct.

    Any help is welcome

    best regards

    --
    Werner STEINEGGER

  2. Re: Problem with verify BE 8.6

    hello Werner,

    I had almost the same prob. when using BE 7.3 Build 3575 and 6-DDS autoloader.
    I solved it by applying technote: 196724

    -jenn

    "Werner Steinegger" wrote:
    >Hello,
    >
    >once more i got strange problem with my BE 8.6 3808.
    >Details:
    >BE-Server Win NT4.0 SP6 Intel Pentium 3
    >Adaptec Controller
    >Adic Lib 15 Slot
    >with 1 DDS3-Drive
    >
    >Client-Server Win NT4.0 Terminal-Server SP 4 Intel Pentium 2
    >
    >I use a Grandfather/Father/Son-Method. All works without any troubles only
    >somtetimes the tapes
    >reach their physical end...ok i changed them and fine.
    >
    >But now it start few weeks ago i allways got at the week-backup the
    >following error-message in my log.
    >

    >================================================== ====================
    >Auftragstyp - Überprüfen
    >================================================== ====================
    >
    >Laufwerks- und Mediendaten von Medienladevorgang:
    >Wechslername : ADIC 1
    >Laufwerksname: ARCHIVE 2
    >Medienschacht: 1
    >Medien-GUID: {9B045895-0666-11D6-A1D6-004005411288}
    >Medienkennung: TCP T12
    >Verbleibende Überschreibschutzzeit: 1 Woche
    >Verbleibende Anhängezeit: Keine
    >Name des Ziel-Mediensatzes: Mediensatz 1
    >
    >================================================== ====================
    >Auftrag beendet am Samstag, 13. Juli 2002 um 01:33:49
    >Auftragsabschlußstatus: Abgebrochen von \
    >================================================== ====================
    >
    >I translate:
    >it is verifiying, and want to load the first tape again, and then it got

    the
    >message status: canceled by \ ????
    >
    >Nobody is at the office in this time, the daily backup and the monthly
    >backup work fine again ( monthly backup
    >is the same as weekly backup only with few more files)
    >
    >my daily backup job is differential, week and month full.
    >
    >This have nothing to do with wrong media-settings I know, all medias a
    >labeled correctly, the right media-pool and also
    >the overwrite/attach-settings of media and media-pool are correct.
    >
    >Any help is welcome
    >
    >best regards
    >
    >--
    >Werner STEINEGGER

  3. Re: Problem with verify BE 8.6

    Hello Jenn,

    thanks for your fast response, i will try this (it is not total the same
    error message
    but maybe 'cause of english <-> german version)
    and keep you inform next week it helped or not

    best regards

    Werner
    "jenn" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3d326e01$1@hronntp01....

    > hello Werner,
    >
    > I had almost the same prob. when using BE 7.3 Build 3575 and 6-DDS

    autoloader.
    > I solved it by applying technote: 196724
    >
    > -jenn
    >
    > "Werner Steinegger" wrote:
    > >Hello,
    > >
    > >once more i got strange problem with my BE 8.6 3808.
    > >Details:
    > >BE-Server Win NT4.0 SP6 Intel Pentium 3
    > >Adaptec Controller
    > >Adic Lib 15 Slot
    > >with 1 DDS3-Drive
    > >
    > >Client-Server Win NT4.0 Terminal-Server SP 4 Intel Pentium 2
    > >
    > >I use a Grandfather/Father/Son-Method. All works without any troubles

    only
    > >somtetimes the tapes
    > >reach their physical end...ok i changed them and fine.
    > >
    > >But now it start few weeks ago i allways got at the week-backup the
    > >following error-message in my log.
    > >

    > >================================================== ====================
    > >Auftragstyp - Überprüfen
    > >================================================== ====================
    > >
    > >Laufwerks- und Mediendaten von Medienladevorgang:
    > >Wechslername : ADIC 1
    > >Laufwerksname: ARCHIVE 2
    > >Medienschacht: 1
    > >Medien-GUID: {9B045895-0666-11D6-A1D6-004005411288}
    > >Medienkennung: TCP T12
    > >Verbleibende Überschreibschutzzeit: 1 Woche
    > >Verbleibende Anhängezeit: Keine
    > >Name des Ziel-Mediensatzes: Mediensatz 1
    > >
    > >================================================== ====================
    > >Auftrag beendet am Samstag, 13. Juli 2002 um 01:33:49
    > >Auftragsabschlußstatus: Abgebrochen von \
    > >================================================== ====================
    > >
    > >I translate:
    > >it is verifiying, and want to load the first tape again, and then it got

    > the
    > >message status: canceled by \ ????
    > >
    > >Nobody is at the office in this time, the daily backup and the monthly
    > >backup work fine again ( monthly backup
    > >is the same as weekly backup only with few more files)
    > >
    > >my daily backup job is differential, week and month full.
    > >
    > >This have nothing to do with wrong media-settings I know, all medias a
    > >labeled correctly, the right media-pool and also
    > >the overwrite/attach-settings of media and media-pool are correct.
    > >
    > >Any help is welcome
    > >
    > >best regards
    > >
    > >--
    > >Werner STEINEGGER

  4. Re: Problem with verify BE 8.6

    hello jenn,

    it looks like it works with the registry-correction of the
    technote....*gggg*
    hope that will be in future also,

    thanks again for your help

    best regards

    werner

    > > hello Werner,
    > >
    > > I had almost the same prob. when using BE 7.3 Build 3575 and 6-DDS

    > autoloader.
    > > I solved it by applying technote: 196724
    > >
    > > -jenn
    > >
    > > "Werner Steinegger" wrote:
    > > >Hello,
    > > >
    > > >once more i got strange problem with my BE 8.6 3808.
    > > >Details:
    > > >BE-Server Win NT4.0 SP6 Intel Pentium 3
    > > >Adaptec Controller
    > > >Adic Lib 15 Slot
    > > >with 1 DDS3-Drive
    > > >
    > > >Client-Server Win NT4.0 Terminal-Server SP 4 Intel Pentium 2
    > > >
    > > >I use a Grandfather/Father/Son-Method. All works without any troubles

    > only
    > > >somtetimes the tapes
    > > >reach their physical end...ok i changed them and fine.
    > > >
    > > >But now it start few weeks ago i allways got at the week-backup the
    > > >following error-message in my log.
    > > >

    > > >================================================== ====================
    > > >Auftragstyp - Überprüfen
    > > >================================================== ====================
    > > >
    > > >Laufwerks- und Mediendaten von Medienladevorgang:
    > > >Wechslername : ADIC 1
    > > >Laufwerksname: ARCHIVE 2
    > > >Medienschacht: 1
    > > >Medien-GUID: {9B045895-0666-11D6-A1D6-004005411288}
    > > >Medienkennung: TCP T12
    > > >Verbleibende Überschreibschutzzeit: 1 Woche
    > > >Verbleibende Anhängezeit: Keine
    > > >Name des Ziel-Mediensatzes: Mediensatz 1
    > > >
    > > >================================================== ====================
    > > >Auftrag beendet am Samstag, 13. Juli 2002 um 01:33:49
    > > >Auftragsabschlußstatus: Abgebrochen von \
    > > >================================================== ====================
    > > >
    > > >I translate:
    > > >it is verifiying, and want to load the first tape again, and then it

    got
    > > the
    > > >message status: canceled by \ ????
    > > >
    > > >Nobody is at the office in this time, the daily backup and the monthly
    > > >backup work fine again ( monthly backup
    > > >is the same as weekly backup only with few more files)
    > > >
    > > >my daily backup job is differential, week and month full.
    > > >
    > > >This have nothing to do with wrong media-settings I know, all medias a
    > > >labeled correctly, the right media-pool and also
    > > >the overwrite/attach-settings of media and media-pool are correct.
    > > >
    > > >Any help is welcome
    > > >
    > > >best regards
    > > >
    > > >--
    > > >Werner STEINEGGER

  5. Re: Problem with verify BE 8.6

    Well, at least now we know that this old prob. in 7.3 is NOT fixed in 8.6!

    Velbekomme!
    -jenn

    "Werner Steinegger" wrote:
    >hello jenn,
    >
    >it looks like it works with the registry-correction of the
    >technote....*gggg*
    >hope that will be in future also,
    >
    >thanks again for your help
    >
    >best regards
    >
    >werner
    >
    >"Werner Steinegger" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >> Hello Jenn,
    >>
    >> thanks for your fast response, i will try this (it is not total the same
    >> error message
    >> but maybe 'cause of english <-> german version)
    >> and keep you inform next week it helped or not
    >>
    >> best regards
    >>
    >> Werner
    >> "jenn" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    >> > hello Werner,
    >> >
    >> > I had almost the same prob. when using BE 7.3 Build 3575 and 6-DDS

    >> autoloader.
    >> > I solved it by applying technote: 196724
    >> >
    >> > -jenn

    >> only

    >got
    >> > the

  6. Re: Problem with verify BE 8.6

    Hello it's me again,

    unhappier measure i get the (i thought) solved Problem again, within BE
    but at this time with another backup job the daily differential and not like
    the last time at my weekly fullbackup :-((

    for nearer information look at the bottom ( i got the same message again )

    any help is welcome

    best regards

    Werner Steinegger
    "jenn" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3d3d1452$1@hronntp01....

    > Well, at least now we know that this old prob. in 7.3 is NOT fixed in 8.6!
    >
    > Velbekomme!
    > -jenn
    >
    > "Werner Steinegger" wrote:
    > >hello jenn,
    > >
    > >it looks like it works with the registry-correction of the
    > >technote....*gggg*
    > >hope that will be in future also,
    > >
    > >thanks again for your help
    > >
    > >best regards
    > >
    > >werner
    > >
    > >"Werner Steinegger" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > >> Hello Jenn,
    > >>
    > >> thanks for your fast response, i will try this (it is not total the

    same
    > >> error message
    > >> but maybe 'cause of english <-> german version)
    > >> and keep you inform next week it helped or not
    > >>
    > >> best regards
    > >>
    > >> Werner
    > >> "jenn" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    > >> autoloader.