OFO worked b4, but not anymore ? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on OFO worked b4, but not anymore ? - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have OFO enabled for one of my jobs and it was working fine, but a day ago, I received the 'OFO initialisation failure' for the job that had OFO enabled. I therefore 're-calculated' the 'min' and 'max' static volume ...

  1. OFO worked b4, but not anymore ?

    I have OFO enabled for one of my jobs and it was working fine, but a day
    ago, I received the 'OFO initialisation failure' for the job that had OFO
    enabled. I therefore 're-calculated' the 'min' and 'max' static volume
    sizes and ran the job again, but still received the error. When I
    originally installed the software, I couldn't use the OFO with the default
    settings enabled and had to use the manual calculation method - like I said,
    this worked fine up until the other day..I thought that re-calculating the
    amount of available RAM and number of files being backed up would work.but
    no ???

    cheers

  2. Re: OFO worked b4, but not anymore ?

    Hello,

    look on this may it helps : http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/234668.htm

    Maybe you should check your free diskspace on which the OFO-File will create
    and
    also must have at least one network-device-letter free 'cause when not, OFO
    is not possible
    'Cause OFO will attach in the backup as "networkdevice"

    regards

    Werner

    "Craig Pilkington" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > I have OFO enabled for one of my jobs and it was working fine, but a day
    > ago, I received the 'OFO initialisation failure' for the job that had OFO
    > enabled. I therefore 're-calculated' the 'min' and 'max' static volume
    > sizes and ran the job again, but still received the error. When I
    > originally installed the software, I couldn't use the OFO with the default
    > settings enabled and had to use the manual calculation method - like I

    said,
    > this worked fine up until the other day..I thought that re-calculating the
    > amount of available RAM and number of files being backed up would work.but
    > no ???
    >

    > cheers

+ Reply to Thread